Options
mabug01
mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
Any suggestions for a November read?

Replies

• steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Hope your birthday lunch was great !! Will give some thought and make suggestions. Going through some stuff here :( but a good book always helps. Lenore glad the computer hiccups are over and you are back.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I have requested from the library the latest from the Irish Author, Colm Toibin. It is called, Nora Webster. Check it out as possible Nov. reading choice. M
  • lenoresaari
    lenoresaari Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    ok with me
  • mabug01
    Options
    Mady - I'm so sorry you are going through some stuff right now. Take good care of yourself.

• mabug01
    Options
    I'm not able to get the book in time for this month; it ships from London. Let me know how it is, though, it sounds good. Happy reading!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    Then would you like to select The Storied Life of AJ Fikry? We discussed it originally as a choice for the month. I believe you said you had the book.
  • mabug01
    Options
    I do have the Fikry book. I'll read that and if you and Lenore have it, we could read it together. I'm sorry things are so loosey-goosey right now; I attribute it to 'getting ready for the holidays.' I hope everyone is doing well and things are getting sorted out for you, Mady.
  • steppingstones
    Options
    I ordered the Fikry book and will have it in a few days. I will finish Nora Webster and that book should be arriving. Things not sorted but am adjusting to my DH's illness.
    Are u having Thanksgiving for your son and his wife. I hope you are journaling your Florida adventures?

All the best Diamond Gals. This little group is great and it is fun to share books.
  • mabug01
    Options
    Good Friday morning Diamondettes! It's always great to wake up to another beautiful day in south Florida.

I've re-found the Fikry book on my computer and it's queued up for me to start reading later today. It was never really lost, I just tend to forget where things are if they're not right in front of my nose! This means I get to use deductive skills daily. I read the first sentence, and our character has painted her nails yellow! What a picture!

Thanksgiving plans - I would love to hear what the Diamond gals are planning. My brother is driving down from St Pete and we're going to Miami to my DS and DDIL's apartment building. My DIL's best friend, who lives in the building, too, is a super cook and she is hosting all of us in her apartment. I wish my brother could stay with me for awhile, but that crazy old fellow has adopted 6 cats! A feral cat he was feeding dropped a litter on his doorstep a few months ago. He has taken in all of them, paid to get them fixed and put up wooden shelving high on the walls in his living room - a cat walk, I guess it's called.

M - you must be an English teacher; my freshman-year high school teacher always told me to write, as well. She thought I had something, but writing makes me nervous somehow because I seem to need to have food at hand in order to put my thoughts to paper. So, other than these electronic messages, I have no paper trail of my adventures. Also, I'm sympathetic to your changing scene at home; I used to call it 'getting used to the new normal' when I was caring for my parents.

Wishing you all a great day and happy reading.

Mary

• lenoresaari
    Options
    ok I will look for the storied life of Fikry
  • mabug01
    edited November 2014
    Options
    How is it going for everyone? I've made miserable progress on the book, actually, on any book, because of the looming holiday. Happy Thanksgiving to all!
  • steppingstones
    Options
    No progress. Been at son's house this week. Sounds like every one is busy. I am struggling with my new normal. Will hook back up after the New Year.
  • lenoresaari
    Options
    I am reading this months book slowly. Should be done in a few days. I would like it if someone would pick a December book as I dont think I am very good at picking books. Happy Holidays! I have a new room mate who is very helpful and that is making life easier. He and I are just friends but it is like having a great husband without the sex. :blush: Lovely! Been doing strength training and lost 10 lbs since Oct 17th.