12.8lbs Down!

Options
1 month ago I was put on a low carb/high protein diet and Phentermine. Expectation was 1lb per week loss. Went in for my 1 month follow-up and I've lost 12.8lbs! 3.2lbs per week!! Yay!!

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Wow! You must be doing something right. Kudos to you. My docs will not put me on medication for the loss itself. Not sure why. I find it difficult financially to stick to the low carb/high fat/moderate protein diet. Any suggestions?
  • nicolejeanette91
    Options
    So sorry, I just now saw this! And it is difficult financially. I am on foodstamps, so it can be hard sometimes. But I did meet with a dietitian and was told by her to break my percentages down as follows: Carbs 50%, Protein 25%, and Fat 25% and to try my best to eat 3 times a day, even if they aren't full meals, just eat SOMETHING at 3 different times. Breakfast is usually a greek yogurt and/or some lightly salted almonds (if you're the only one eating them, the cost isn't that high), lunch is usually a turkey sandwich, but with LOTS of turkey on it (I usually double the serving size), and for dinner (since I eat kind of strict the other two times) it can be a little flexible. From what I understand from the meeting with the dietitian, it's all about balance and making sure you're not overeating or undereating. I also TRY to eat 1800 calories, but typically only succeed at about 1400, because that's what I'm used to.

Just try different things and see what works for you. If eating 5 times a day works better for you, do it. Or if 40% Carbs, 30% Protein, and 30% fat works better for you, do it.

I am still learning and still trying to figure it all out.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    That is way higher carbs than my endocrinologist wants me eating. 25% carbs is supposed to be my aim, but seems impossible at this time. I'm supposed to be 35-50% protein (less for maintenance, more for loss), and the balance in healthy fats. If I can find a way to budget it more. And no, I'm not the only one eating these things. My guy loves almost and protein and needs more than I do...and he has no concept of portion control for cost... *sigh*