Chat and accountability Sat 1 Nov - Fri 7 Nov

Options
Hmrjmr1
Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
Happy Sunday Folks. Will be hanging out tonight at 8pm EST if we are still doing the chat.
My Gym is closed today so no Deadlifts but gonna have Breakie with my workout partner, my Son. So will be a good morning either way.
C y later

Replies

• howie6267
    howie6267 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    I'm in I will start at 8pm EST send me your gmail address if you want to join and I don't already have it. See you all to night. Send to howie@thehman.com
  • heronh
    heronh Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I won't be able to make at 8
  • heronh
    Options
    But send us the link anyways
  • heronh
    Options
    9pm EST I can make it
  • howie6267
    Options
    Shoot I have to be off by 9pm I promised the wife a movie night.
  • heronh
    Options
    Oh then catch you guys next time.
  • heronh
    Options
  • heronh
    Options
    Wtf it kept cutting my message
  • heronh
    Options
    I will probably be home around 8:45. Have fun! And catch you guys later :D
  • howie6267
    Options
    Ok sorry you can't make it. John you still on or do you want to try for another night?
  • heronh
    Options
    How was the hangout?
    I lost 1lb so yay. Had my consultation with Jef and was advice to keep my calories under 1800 to see better results.
    Did Archery with my friends yesterday and it was a blast!

• Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Tuesday Folks. Great Job Heron! Enjoyed the hangout with Howie. We missed ya Heron. The Adaptive Bocce Clinic went well. Though it was a very long day for me yesterday.
    Archery is our next planned clinic for our adaptive athletes, Probably won't be till after the New Year. Got lots to do in the coming months as we enter Strength and Conditioning Season for our adaptive athletes that are planning on attending next years games.
  • howie6267
    Options
    Yes had a good time. Got to know John a little better all though I'm not so sure I added much we needed more people to pick up the slack in my conversation. lol
  • heronh
    Options
    Thanks John :)
    I'm planning on doing Archery again in a couple of weeks. This time we are bringing the men ;)
    I was rushing to get home but just as I thought I got home around 7:45 EST. We hope to chat next time!
    My 2nd day of staying under 1800, so far so good. Takes a little adjustment but I think I got it.
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Wednesday Folks. Keep up the good work. Very Busy Week for me between the clinic and BLS training tomorrow will be two 20hr days for me this week. The good news is this Keto Force stuff seems to work as advertised. Mental Clarity improves within a few minutes of intake, and for me goes well beyond the 3hrs advertised. Not sure I'll ever get my carbs low enough for extended ketosis but with this keto salt, will manage to get some of the benefits now and again. BTW its tastes like old dog farts. Def got to add citiric juice (as recommended) to get it down. I use Lemon juice.
  • howie6267
    Options
    I know some people can do paleo or other types diets and do lose but it seems like it always comes down to calories at least I know it does for me. Even though people don't like to say they our counting they are somewhat just by the type of food they are eating. For example if your eating more healthy we lean toward more veggie and fruit intake which is going to lower your calories. 1800 is what I have always done Heronh. I could do more but I like to treat myself at the end of the week so I try and keep it low during the week. Good luck with your counting I'm sure it will work for you. I know I can't do any diet without counting because I can over eat on healthy food just as easy as junk food.
  • heronh
    Options
    John, glad that the keto force is working for you.

Thank you Howie! i totally get the overeating. I love Kale chips and could eat them all day.
    I was losing sloowly eating 2000-2300K low carb high fat. Jef thought I could speed it up if I drop it to 1800K and now that I am working out less I can totally do it. So I am still eating low carb high fat. I've always counted (low carb non low carb) ;) . I WISH I could lose eating 1500-1800 non low carb but I can't. Tried it for 6-8 months and lost 3lb. Very discouraging for me, Same goes for Arturo. Sigh
    I am also pretty sure that I would be tracking even if I hit my goal. Maybe not as strict but I would have to. I do hope somewhere down the road I wouldn't have to...
  • howie6267
    Options
    I hear you, everyone body is different. I will have to keep that in mind if I have friends that are calorie counting and don't lose. Of course you do have to believe them when they say there are writing every bite down. LOL I'm not saying that is you I'm just saying so many are in denial of what they really eat. I won't count this or that because it was not at meal time. Oh I won't count that because I did not use a fork. lol
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Happy Funtastic Friday Folks! Another Great Week comes to a close. The good news is my Standing work station in the fitness center should get configured with my computer today. The bad news is one of my coworkers blew his knee last week ref'ing a HS football game. Doc told him yesterday total knee replacement. Gonna be out for 3-5 months. With the Therapist losses we've had recently we are down to nearly half staff. Many more long days ahead. The hiring process is slow at best and the system's first attempt to find a therapist, internally, did not produce any acceptable candidates, so now job is being announced to the public.
    Yepper on the comments above, got to use what works for ya. When I started this journey I logged and counted and still do when I go on a push to lose more. I logged pretty close to 1000 days before I lost the streak due to my cancer surgery, and counting with the emphasis on calories was good for the 1st 70lbs lost then had to look a bit deeper into the macro's and now just tinkering around a bit I still pretty much count in my head when make a meal. Couldn't do that if I hadn't done all the calorie counting earlier. Point is find what works and be steadfast and confident in your plan. Then keep on Jammin'! B)