Daylight saving time?

Options
Fitbit is giving me some serious issues with lagging today. I can only assume this is because of the end of DST? I tried to go into the settings to adjust my time, but the good people of fitbit seem to think that the east coast is always and only GMT-4. We are GMT -5 right now on the east coast.

Thoughts? Anyone else with this issue?

Replies

• blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I don't know how to fix it, but I'm having issues too. My fitbit shows the correct time, but things are all messed up. It's double counting very active minutes, counting both what FB picked up and what I manually entered.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    My 2 manually entered activities were just fine today - entered via the website - NOT the app.

Your computer reflecting the correct time?
    Or your phone if using app?

And DST was handled correctly, looking at the Log section Activities page, there is a missing 1 hr of time between 12 and 1 am with block of no calorie burn. Now, it is supposed to happen at 2 am, but whatever, it's correct.

And it appears DST is handled correctly by your selection of what GMT you selected.
    I selected Central, and while it still says GMT-5 (which is correct), that's not what was used.
    So don't just select any GMT-4, or don't try to play smarter than what they did. Pick the Eastern Time (USA & Canada) option, not some other GMT-4.

Because Eastern time is ALWAYS GMT-4.

The DST an separate option is what handles that actual change, and like many smart phones, that option is contained in selecting the correct Time Zone option.
    Just like Arizona doesn't follow DST, so you better pick NOT Mountain Time Zone, which would be normally correct but says yes for DST, but the Arizona Time Zone which says no for DST.
  • blonditz
    blonditz Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    My computer and fitbit where both showing the correct time. Exercise was entered via MFP and transferred over to FB. I don't know what the problem was yesterday. Today is showing up correctly, so I'm not too worried about it. Although yesterday is still off.