Eating on the run

Options
kkerri
kkerri Posts: 276 Member
What are your go to foods when you haven't prepared or are out and about?

Replies

• AddieOverhaul
    AddieOverhaul Posts: 734 Member
    Options
    Clif bars - they are vegan (at least the chocolate chip ones are). I keep one in my purse in case I get caught somewhere I can't get food I can eat. I also often have an apple or something on hand as well.
  • BobbyDaniel
    BobbyDaniel Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Clif bars or Larabars are good, if I need a meal I'll usually just try to find a Subway and get a veggie on wheat. I know it isn't the best option, but it isn't the worst either. Plus it is always fun to have to repeat to them "No...I really don't want cheese" and "No...I really don't want any sauce either."
  • donote
    donote Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I always have some fruit in my bag also i usually have some kind of protein bar i make my self and a bag of nuts.
  • tanek747
    tanek747 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    If buying find ripe fruit like bananas or nuts without too much added to them.

About subway, won't use them anymore. explained at length I was vegan and I wanted something with zero animal products, no cheese no dairy no eggs. Was given a veggy patty sub. Both myself and better half were sick from it for following 2 days when we later researched it's egg and milk based.
  • KellyUVA
    KellyUVA Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Pure Organics fruit bars. My favorite "fast food" is Chipotle. The sophritas are incredible! If forced to do subway, veggie sub.
  • yogaveg
    yogaveg Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    i always have food in my bags. i'm always running around so between my school, gym, yoga and regular bag i have 2-3 lara/lara alt/ rawveloution/ cliff/ kind bars, an apple or banana or a couple of clementines, mini almond milk + protein, trail mix/ raw nuts, fruit leather, raw protein or vega protein powder, granola bites, and dried fruit.
    yum. that reminds me, i have to go stock up my bags!
  • 15off
    15off Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I try to keep almonds around. If I know I am going to be out through lunch I will bring extra water, a few almonds and maybe an apple. I avoid the bars at all costs because I find in the end- I never lose weight when I eat them regularly. They don't satisfy me like a meal and most have just as many calories as a meal. Plus the sugar content is out of control.