multi dating?

Options
Moe4572
Moe4572 Posts: 1,430 Member
I don't get it...how do people do this? Date a bunch of people at one time? I started seeing someone a few weeks ago, and we are not exclusive (I asked), and so when someone else asked me out (someone I went on date a few months ago, and we decided to go to friends as he was going through divorce....he is ready to date now) so since not exclusive I accepted. Well, I felt terrible and guilty and awful all day before date with guy #2, and was not doing anything wrong........and guy #1 knew I was to dinner with a guy friend.

As it turned out, guy #1 was jealous, and so we decided to not see others now, so it worked out........but I felt terible about telling #2 that wasn't going to work.

Do others of you multi date? Do you feel guilty?
I don't think of "first dates"/"meetings" in this same category........

Replies

• AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I can't cope with more than one man in my life. It's pretty rare that I even talk to more than one guy after I've established some kind of connection. I'd get confused and start calling them the same names and cross referencing the wrong conversations etc.......lol

Glad it kicked #1 into touch and he decided that he'd like you all to himself! <3
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    I can't multi-date. I can't even multi-talk. lol I wish I could! I wish I had multi-men that wanted to date me. ha! I can't give the proper attention to someone if I am talking to someone else.

I'm so glad that you and guy #1 are exclusive now! woot woot for you!!
  • Follow_me
    Follow_me Posts: 6,120 Member
    Options
    I can't do it either. I'm not a juggler. Besides, I like to give 110% to one.
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Never had the opportunity - but it seems complicated. I too, believe I would start to reference conversations with the wrong people and gems of attention.

And I think if I'm willing to date other people - it's probably because there's no chemistry, so they would be friend-zoned pretty quickly anyhow.
  • pa_jorg
    pa_jorg Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    I've done the multi-talking thing quite a bit. But when it comes to meeting, one at a time is a better pace for me.

Also, congrats it worked out Moe! Are you going to tell us more about him!?
  • OperationSuperKAT
    OperationSuperKAT Posts: 886 Member
    Options
    Haha I feel a bit on the dirrrty side right now. I don't see why you shouldn't multi-date if you aren't exclusive with someone. I don't even remotely feel guilty about talking to 2-3 guys at the same time, and I definitely don't feel bad about having two to three dates in a week with different men every time. I think you set yourself up a bit if you let yourself develop feelings too early with someone who isn't committed. I have never really run into the issue of forgetting who I said what to, either.
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    I agree moe. I get that feeling pf i should be watching my back like Im doing something wrong. Ill stick to one at a time. Now... I need to get to that one. Where is he??? Lol
  • Jennifer10723
    Jennifer10723 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Haha I feel a bit on the dirrrty side right now. I don't see why you shouldn't multi-date if you aren't exclusive with someone. I don't even remotely feel guilty about talking to 2-3 guys at the same time, and I definitely don't feel bad about having two to three dates in a week with different men every time. I think you set yourself up a bit if you let yourself develop feelings too early with someone who isn't committed. I have never really run into the issue of forgetting who I said what to, either.

I don't think its a problem .. Its a problem for ME just because my attention span isn't the greatest. I wouldn't have a problem with a guy I am just going out on a date with having other dates as well. Don't feel dirty! lololol
  • sweetcurlz67
    sweetcurlz67 Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    I don't feel bad because feelings aren't involved for any party! As far as telling as you stated... no, guy 1 does not need to know I'm going out with guy 2 later that evening & guy 3 the next day! Does not happen like that often but has once or twice.