November Goals!

Options
symba1130
symba1130 Posts: 248 Member
I didn't see one started so I thought I would get it going...

Here are mine, I have copied and pasted my last 2 months so I can keep track

Just as a recap for myself...this is what September looked like...
********************************************************************************************************
I am still new so I didn't post any August goals...I will start fresh with September

1.) Log daily! (currently on a 68 day streak) - Nailed it!
2.) Continue SL 5x5, 3x a week - Missed 1 day of 1 week, but worked out anyway, jus tnot SL
3.) Complete 1 cardio session a week for at least an hour - FAIL! Man have I been tired.
4.) Have no more than 4 pumpkin spice latte's all month long (this could be a real toughie laugh ) - This was EASY! Only 2 ALL MONTH LONG!
*********************************************************************************************************

OK, onto October

1.) 10 narrow pushups from my toes - NOPE! Will have to try again this month.
2.) Complete the plank challenge I have signed on for - NOPE! My other group members kinda fizzled after the first couple days and I will admit, I didn't try to keep up either
3.) Continue to log daily - YUP! 130 days and counting
4.) DL 155 - This has been my breaking point for the last 3 workouts, so I am determined to get it! - NOPE! I think I got scared. I deloaded and starting warming up this month. I am currently at 125lbs.
**********************************************************************************************

November Goals

1.) Continue Logging Daily - This is a biggie for me since this month holds lots of bdays including my moms, mine and my daughters. Plus of course THANKSGIVING! I may not log every bite, but I will check in every day.

2.) Squat 100lbs by November 30th! This will be my bday present to myself.

3.) 10 pushups from toes. Trying this one again. :blush:

Replies

• canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    glad you did this.

okay, november. um.

squats: currently 80. i'm going very carefully, but i'm hoping to give myself 100lb squats for xmas, so i'll say i'd like to get up to 90 by end of this month. 95 would be a bonus.

bench: currently 65 but it was heavy and i'm still scared for my left rotator cuff. i think i can get to 70 by eom, perhaps 75.

ohp: most recently 50. now my weakest lift. really want to get serious about form for this one and push for 60.

rows: i'm doing seated rows at 70. since seated is easier in so many ways, i'll try for 85 or 90.

deadlift: right now, 135. i'm not sure about this, there may be something deadlift is doing to my left knee and i feel i need to be super-cautious. i'm just going to say: good form and no injuries.

pulldowns (for pullup): currently can pull 60lb with strict form most of the time, overhand. still getting noob gains here i think, so i'll try for 75 close grip and 65 with the widest grip.

general resolutions, accessories: planks, negative pullups and roumanian deadlifts. at least one of these, and two if possible, every workout.

starting new contract on nov 17. it's only about 7km away and has shower/change facilities. so really no excuse whatever not to bike commute 5 days a week, once bike's been rebuilt. ride for speed and intensity, and get my cardiac conditioning up again.

my weight's creeping up again and i want it BACK DOWN BELOW 130, dammit.
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    November goals:
    1) Get weight down enough that I never see 160 even after Thanksgiving weekend and when I'm super bloated.
    2) Continue doing 5x5. I will let the weights fall where they may since I am trying to lose weight but I think I'd be pretty happy if I get:
    • Squats to 100lbs (I'm starting to have a harder time with squats now that the weight is at 85lbs so I'm not sure how long the 5lb increases can continue).
    • Deadlift to150 with good form
    • Bench to 75lbs with no wobble. My left side is weaker than my right so I started working on keeping the bar as balanced as possible.
    • Rows to 70lbs
    • Overhead press to 60lbs
    3) Log all my food everyday, even Thanksgiving :open_mouth:

• shinealotdana
    shinealotdana Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My goals are pretty basic... I'm still pretty new and just want to be consistent!

1. Log calories every day (62 day streak currently)

2. SL workout 2-3 times a week
    3. Walk a little on off days
    4. Lose 4 pounds this month
  • threnjen
    threnjen Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    I haven't been able to decide on goals. I might have to keep it simple.

a) continue to lose 1 lb/week
    b) continue to log every day
    c) advance to 90 on squats (was hoping to aim for 100 but just took off a whole week due to illness so it won't happen)
    d) advance to 150+ on DL
    e) my big one, do OHP with 50lbs
  • meglo91
    meglo91 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Am I too late to post goals? Ah, screw it, I'm doing it anyway.

1. Log every day. I've already flubbed this one, but from here on out, it's straight loggin' time, friends.
    2. Get weight below 172 and keep the scale going down
    3. Get in 2 sessions of cardio per week in addition to SL 5x5.
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    just a bump so we'll have it available at eom.

no pressure :smiley:
  • canadianlbs
    Options
    squats:
    then: currently 80. get up to 90 by end of this month. 95 would be a bonus.
    now: bonus achieved.

bench:
    then: think i can get to 70 by eom
    now: still 65. but nothing injured.

ohp:
    then: most recently 50. want to get serious about form and push for 60.
    now: still 50. some form progress maybe.

rows:
    then: try for 85 or 90 (seated)
    now: no. gone back to full bent-over pendlays, and am at 60.

deadlift:
    then: just going to say: good form and no injuries.
    now: done. good form at 100 for 5x5 as of today.

pulldowns (for pullup):
    then: overambitious ideas
    now: still doing them and not weaker than previously.

other:
    then: my weight's creeping up again and i want it BACK DOWN BELOW 130, dammit.
    now: at 130 or so but strength gains so pretty happy with that.
  • threnjen
    edited December 2014
    Options
    a) continue to lose 1 lb/week
    Yes.

b) continue to log every day
    Yes.

c) advance to 90 on squats (was hoping to aim for 100 but just took off a whole week due to illness so it won't happen)
    d) advance to 150+ on DL
    e) my big one, do OHP with 50lbs

No to all of it :( I was not in the gym as much as I wanted this month. Some of it was slacking; some of it was my kid being home from school sick for an entire week; some of it was unavailability of equipment when I went. Still, no excuses. My goals were modest and I should have been able to reach them.

However at my last check in my trainer calculated my loss as almost all fat and very little LBM, so that was good.

• TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    threnjen wrote: »
    However at my last check in my trainer calculated my loss as almost all fat and very little LBM, so that was good.

How did he/she do this?
  • threnjen
    Options
    I should probably pay attention to what she is doing specifically. I think she is first just using the calipers to calculate my body fat % (which may or may not be correct, but as long as she is consistent every time that is what matters), then she calculates my LBM from that. Then I think she just looks at my LBM from last check-in to see how much my LBM has gone down. This last check in my LBM didn't go down hardly at all but I had lost a standard amount of weight for me (1lb/week)
    It all relies on her being really consistent with the measuring, but even with a margin of error I felt like I did well that month :)