Hows everyone doing?

Options
13»

Replies

• Lisalovestravel
    Lisalovestravel Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I'm not saving any of my outgrown clothes. I'm hoping to either sell them and/or give them away. I don't want to make it easy for myself to gain back! Congrats on going down 3 sizes! That is so amazing- I'm very happy for you!
  • HuskerJulie413
    HuskerJulie413 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I agree Lisa. This time is the only time I have felt like I can keep the weight off and so I am not going to save my larger clothes! In the past I went off and on diets and didn't have the confidence to keep the weight off.
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    Exactly! I'm so happy now that I'm seeing results. My doctor was very happy at my last visit. I'm not weaning off of my blood pressure meds- WOOT! I'm also allowed one regular meal now, and by regular, I mean a 3-4oz piece of grilled meat seasoned with salt and pepper, and a plain salad with green veggies and a sprinkle of lowfat cheese. But it's nice to be chewing again, lol!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    That's awesome Lisa!
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    The first week of meals is going better than I thought! I never thought I would be so excited about a salad! I bought two different kinds of pre-mixed, pre-washed greens. I'll have a bowl of them with a fair sized "pinch" of low-fat cheddar cheese and a sliced, hard boiled, egg. Delish! I bought a cucumber and some celery to cut up on the salads as well. I'll usually have my meat on the side, as I like it hot and it's a treat after my salad. So far, lean steak and chicken breast. It's really calmed my cravings for, well, pretty much for everything else, lol. I save my protein bar to eat a couple of hours after supper as my snack. On Friday I smuggled it into the movie theater to munch on during the movie with a bottle of water. Perfect!

The BP med weaning is going well too. I'm taking my own PB readings 2-3 times a day and they're usually in the low to average range. No side effects after the first two days. Better yet, no more dizzy spells!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    That's a great report Lisa! Keep it up!
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    I'm rarely hungry anymore. Sometimes I have to force myself to drink my shake. It's so weird for me. Once your food choices are eliminated and you're eating for the sake of fueling your body and giving it nutrition (as opposed to false pleasure or serving to ease boredom/depression, etc.) it's just not a big deal anymore. It's a strange state of mind to be in! Now I understand more how some skinny people can easily skip meals- because food is just a means to an end. For me, it was something else entirely. I don't even know if I can describe what it was for me, I only know that much of my time (without even realizing it) was spent thinking about my next meal or my next snack- true additction style, I guess!

Question for you all. Have any of you experienced numbness in your legs as you lost weight? I was warned there could be numbness with crossing your legs. What I'm finding is that when I sleep on my side, my bottom leg goes numb and my hips are tender. I have to keep flip flopping during the night to restore circulation! Freaky!
  • HuskerJulie413
    Options
    No numbness from me.

I can relate to a lot of what you said in your last message. Keep up the good work!
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Hello today is day three for me and I'm on here reading everyone's stories while I'm at Friday's with my family (I'm the only one not eating) it's hard being here and not eating but I'll make it through. I'm currently on five meal replacements a day I break them up. Three shakes and two soups. For some reason I can't keep the soups down. It's not like they taste bad my body just rejects it for some reason. I can't wait till I'm able to see progress.
  • Lisalovestravel
    Options
    You'll see progress soon- if you haven't already. For those first two weeks I was losing 1/2 pound a day. After that I've been losing 2-3 pounds a week. I started at the beginning of Sept. People are starting to really notice now (down 40+ pounds). You could see my face getting thinner first (starting after that first month). Exercise has been key for me, I've lost a ton of inches.
  • erock0628
    erock0628 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Are you doing maintenance or are you continuing the program. How much exercise do you do and what kind?