Introductions

Options
Please introduce yourself!

I'm Donna and although I don't need to lose a lot of weight, I do need encouragement to keep going! I live in New Jersey with my husband and my mom. My adult daughters live across the country and I miss them more than they know!

Now it's your turn!

Replies

• emilykins13
    emilykins13 Posts: 21
    Options
    im emily and i am 14 i live in florida and im tired of being called names and i found this site so far it is working for me hopefully by the end of this summer i wont be looking so fat
  • barefootblonde625
    barefootblonde625 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cherie. 2 years ago my boyfriend of 5 years and I moved to South Carolina from our hometown in Georgia. Being homesick and depressed led to me gaining weight. My bf works long, chaotic hours so cooking and exercising together has been hit and miss. But I've decided I'm ready to get in shape with or without him!
  • fitag
    fitag Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Ag :) . I don't need today lose a heap of weight . My goal and focus is on being consistently healthy in my exercise and in my eating. I have been lazy and very inconsistent in the past year and I just want to be firm fit and strong again. So I need all the help and support I can get.

Oh I forgot to mention I'm from Australia too :)
  • karendee4
    karendee4 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!

My name is Karen. I lost 100 pounds before joining MFP. (I used another site) I am currently struggling with the last pounds I need to lose. I joined this group for the challenges.
  • df1982
    df1982 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I'm Elma. I'm just finishing up my PhD and need to get motivated to be healthy again. This looks like it will be a lot of fun! Oh, and I'm from Canada.
  • ooHelenoo
    ooHelenoo Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi all,

I'm Helen and live in the UK. I've put on weight slowly since I was about 18 and I'm now 43... Recently separated from my partner of 17 years, 2 kids, so a mix of feeling anxious and feeling very positive about a new life ahead.

Mainly I'd like to run around with my children for more than ten seconds.

Looking forward to what comes!

Helen x
  • Super_Mama
    Super_Mama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am working towards losing about 75 pounds. I love challenges and camaraderie in this journey and I look forward to a journey to a healthier me with others who are also looking to lead more healthy lives. I have lost 15 pounds since March and am beginning to ramp up my mileage to train for a marathon this fall as well as my first irongirl triathalon. I will take motivation and inspiration from any direction and promise to support you all as well!
    LET'S DO THIS!
  • Super_Mama
    Super_Mama Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,
    I am working towards losing about 75 pounds. I love challenges and camaraderie in this journey and I look forward to a journey to a healthier me with others who are also looking to lead more healthy lives. I have lost 15 pounds since March and am beginning to ramp up my mileage to train for a marathon this fall as well as my first irongirl triathalon. I will take motivation and inspiration from any direction and promise to support you all as well!
    LET'S DO THIS!

BTW my name is Jessy and I am just outside of Washington DC. Thanks for keeping us straight for the summer!
  • missability
    missability Posts: 223
    Options
    Hi I am Beth Ann...I live in Coastal South Carolina...I joined on January 1, 2013 @ 280.4 LBS....My weight this morning was 224.6....I had a goal of being at 218.4 by June4th...don't think I will make it, but am thrilled with how far I have come! May was a sort of slow month..., and I wanna ROCK JUNE!!!
    A bit of drama in the house this past week, thank you daughter-in-law...jeeze! But I am so over that AND her now...lol BACK TO ME!!!

I waited till the last minute today to join because of all the psycho-crap....so hope I am not to late! Let me know if I am!
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    Hi I am Beth Ann...I live in Coastal South Carolina...I joined on January 1, 2013 @ 280.4 LBS....My weight this morning was 224.6....I had a goal of being at 218.4 by June4th...don't think I will make it, but am thrilled with how far I have come! May was a sort of slow month..., and I wanna ROCK JUNE!!!
    A bit of drama in the house this past week, thank you daughter-in-law...jeeze! But I am so over that AND her now...lol BACK TO ME!!!

I waited till the last minute today to join because of all the psycho-crap....so hope I am not to late! Let me know if I am!

You are not too late, Beth Ann! I am forming the groups right now...nothing like last minute! lol Besides we may have a latecomer group when others decide to jump on the bandwagon late! :)

Donna
  • dmdegrassi
    dmdegrassi Posts: 151
    Options
    You may have noticed that not everyone has posted here yet; hopefully they'll log on and introduce themselves.

You may also notice that there are people who have introduced themselves who haven't actually joined the group; I sent them an email asking them to join and am waiting for their response before adding them to a Cabin group.

I have also deleted a few intros from people who changed their mind about joining in the challenge.

I can't wait to "camp" with everyone! :)
  • ImprovingEla
    ImprovingEla Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    Hi all,
    I am Michaela 31 years old and I now live in the netherlands, but originally I am from germany!
    Sometimes my Diary looks like a three language combo because of it and I do not always have the time to translate it, but I try too.
    I am a nightnurse 7 days on duty 7 days off, which means I switch also timezones *lol*
    Since two month I notice some serious lack of control all around and that shows in my weight loss as well and I really dislike it!

Hopefully a longterm challenge will help me get back into my routine of moving and loosing!
    Cause I really do not want to hide on my vacation pics coming october.
    After 2 years we finally manage to go on our honeymoon trip to southafrica!!!

Happy camping you all and here is to a great summer!
  • SavvyGurl0528
    SavvyGurl0528 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Good morning! My name is Beth and I'm Assistant camp director and counselor for Cabin 3. I just turned 49 (sigh). I live on a farm in Kansas where we raise cattle and a handful of horses. I have three sons and my "baby" just graduated from high school. The empty nest is rapidly approaching and I refuse to let it get the best of me!

I really appreciate these challenges because it adds a bit of accountability and some healthy competition, which is something I need to keep me going. Thanks, Donna, for this awesome challenge idea and ! GO CABIN 3!
  • garob57
    garob57 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi, My name is Gina and I live in Nashville TN. I am 56 and I want to loose 56 lbs. I have been on the site for a couple of months and I love the apps and the friends....I am hoping to meet some campers who live around here to walk together.
  • deb1407
    deb1407 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone

My names Debbie and I live in the uk.

I'm fast approaching my big 50 birthday, and I'd like to be healthy,fit and toned by my birthday (July)
  • naticksdonna
    naticksdonna Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi all, my name is Donna and I'm from Massachusetts. Hope it's not too late to join! I just saw Beth Ann's post urging others to get of the couch so here I am - always looking for support and encouragement and an occasional kick in the butt! I'm older than God but finally getting in shape (never too late, right?)!!
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Hey everybody! My name is Kande and I live in East Texas. I started MFP back in Feb of this year and love- love- love it! It is the best support group I have ever had. I am 41 years old and decided that it was time for a change if I wanted to be around for my kiddos as long as possible. Been married for coming up 21 years next week. Have 2 boys- 14 and 11.
    I started at 250 lbs in Feb and have lost 32 lbs so far- my goal is to lose 115 lbs so I am on my way!
    I love the challenges, they keep me from getting bored. Look forward to summer camp with you guys!!!
  • SummerMM1
    SummerMM1 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Hi my name is Summer and I am orginally from Michigan but moved to Kentucky in Jan. of 06 for my husbands job. I have two wonderful kids. My son is 10 and my daughter is 3. I started this group in March and have lost 20 pounds and can't wait to lose more. I joined the group to have more accountability and make friends along the way. Glad to meet everyone and Good luck to you all. We can do it!!!!
  • pricett
    pricett Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello Everyone!!!

My name is Tennille I am from Hartsville, SC born and raised, but now resides in Charlotte, NC. I am a mother of two (Tristan-girl-6yrs and Trenton-boy-2yrs) and fiance'. I enjoy traveling, photography, and time w/family. I need to lose weight for my family and health due to my height and family mecial history. I love to exercise and even more to eat for comfort. I know with this boot camp everything will fall into place. Good luck and have fun my fellow campers!!!
  • jacksagod
    jacksagod Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    howdy yinz!!!

name is Megg, currently bouncing back and forth between sides of Lake Erie's bay up here in Penna. I have to constantly be active otherwise i go nuts. Ready to lose after (and still) putting everything and everyone before myself.