How are you?

Options
Hey everybody! How are you all doing? I'm trying to stick with a challenge I've seen around the internet- no weigh November! Basically, you just focus on making healthy changes and do not weigh yourself the whole month. It's about not focusing on a number because we're all so much more than that. I was just looking at some healthy recipes for Thanksgiving since it's at our house this year. I've found some broccoli salad recipes that I'm going to make (trust me, it's delicious!). On a side note, I'm proud of myself for having a giant plate of fruit and veggies for lunch. I had a lot of taco bell yesterday with my friends (YUM!). It was a lot of fun, and I allow myself this one day a week to eat not so great when I'm with my friends. :) All in all, I haven't binged in I think almost two months now! I'm so proud. I've struggled with BED, and I'm super happy that I'm finally in control of it after a little over 3 years. I'm finally starting to be happy with myself, and I'm so proud!

Replies

• segacs
    segacs Posts: 4,599 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It sounds like your week is off to a great start.

I'm not doing the no-weigh November thing, because for me I think it would be counterproductive to have all this build-up towards a weigh-in at the start of December. If I weigh more often, it's easier for me to attach less importance to normal fluctuations. Besides, I'm still trying to calibrate my TDEE estimates with my actual results to adjust my plan, so more data points are definitely better.

Having said that, go on being proud -- it sounds like you've accomplished a lot!