Let's Talk Spoilers!

Options
DoctahJenn
DoctahJenn Posts: 616 Member
Obviously we all have some strong opinions on the finale, regardless of whether you loved it or hated it, so let's dedicate this thread to open (but polite!) discussion. It's a safe place to post spoilers concerning anything from this season, so have at it!

******SPOILERS WARNING****** (Although I suppose that should be obvious. But you know. I try to be nice about these things.)

Replies

• DoctahJenn
    Options
    I'll start us off!

Let's talk Missy, AKA, The Master. I thought it was brilliant, having the Doctor's old nemesis become a woman. First of all, it proves to us that gender changes are possible in regeneration and opens the door to a female Doctor down the road. Not that I want one. But now we know it's possible, and I'm curious what this may lead to, with the Doctor headed to Gallifrey.

I have a definite soft spot for The Master. He (or should we now say She?) is so delightfully insane. I felt like Michelle Gomez, who played Missy, must have studied John Simm, as that was the version of the Master I immediately thought of while watching her.

What are your thoughts?
  • RiverMelSong
    RiverMelSong Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I liked the episode but I absolutely hate the idea of a female doctor. Regeneration is one thing, changing gender is something completely different.. But we'll see what happens.
    I for one thought that the Gallifrey thing was a cruel joke by Missy/the Master, because when the Doctor goes to where she said the planet would be, there's nothing there and the Doctor starts beating the crap out of the Tardis. I think he just told Clara he was going to Gallifrey to make it easier for her to leave him. But maybe I misinterpreted this. Only time will tell :)

Oh and Nick Frost as Father Christmas? Brilliant!
  • DoctahJenn
    Options
    ^--Actually, I JUST read something about this this morning, and you're absolutely right about the Gallifrey thing. Whoops! I had just sort of figured they didn't show it for some reason. I'm a bit clueless sometimes. :P