Scottish Based - who's out there?

Options
Laurochka
Laurochka Posts: 140 Member
Hey all,

I've been on MFP for about a year now and thought some new friends would be awesome!
I'm born, brought up and live in Scotland.

I have been varying degrees of overweight my whole life.
I have also been varying degrees of fit.
I like a goal to motivate me and had a major change in attitude to fitness about 6 years ago when I decided I wanted to run a marathon.
I'd never done anything like that before as I never regarded myself as a "sporty" person.
I realised if I wanted to run a marathon in my life I had to start somewhere, so one day I left my flat and ran for 5 mins, the next day 7 mins, 10mins, 12 mins, 15mins etc etc - you get the picture.
In May 2007 I ran my first Marathon in Prague with 3 friends and it was amazing!

Since then I have in total:
Run 3 Marathons
Run 5 Half Marathons
Completed 1 Duathlon ( Run 20 miles Cycle 30)
Completed 2 Tough Mudders
Completed 2 Spartan Sprints
Cycled the length of the UK - Land's End to John O'Groats.
Completed - The Great Scottish Swim 2014 (1 mile)

So I love being active!
However I also love curling up with a book and being lazy.......and chocolate!!

My problem is diet - I fluctuate between eating really healthy, home cooked main meals and getting sidetracked by chocolate and cakes.

I'm a bit of a perfectionist and tend to go all or nothing at stuff so I'm here to find a balance.

I want to "look" as fit as I am.
Currently getting into a bit more strength training and learning swimming as my next goal is to do a triathlon - in 2015/16 sometime.

So if you relate to any of this stuff or just want an extra friend then ping me a request!

Cheers!
Lx

Replies

• jamessteelapim
    jamessteelapim Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi there, Not a lot of Scots wanting to do a triatholon? I can relate to you as I was an expert windsurfer, runner and mountain biker until I fell of my bike onto ice and smashed my hip. I have been mentored by others and feel the need to repay that. Just joined MFP but already heavily into it. Feel free to add me, if you wish.

jamessteelapim