Introduce yourself!

Options
Heather_A
Heather_A Posts: 34 Member
Hi everyone! I'm Heather. I have just recently started using the UP app on my Pebble watch and plan to purchase the UP3 when it's released. I'm a long time tracker user, starting with my old Omeron pedometer progressing through BodyBugg, Body Media Fit, several Fitbits. I'm really excited by the new Jawbone UP 3 and its integration with Body Media sensors. I'm looking for some people to discuss the UP with. The community is not quite as large as Fitbit yet I know there are folks out there looking for some friends and teammates. So please join me and invite your UP friends to join us... the more the merrier.

Replies

• C1aire80
    C1aire80 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Claire West. I got my Jawbone UP24 yesterday. This is my first fitness tracker. Feel free to add me on MFP, Up or FI.TT.
  • Heather_A
    edited November 2014
    Options
    C1aire80 wrote: »
    Hi, my name is Claire West. I got my Jawbone UP24 yesterday. This is my first fitness tracker. Feel free to add me on MFP, Up or FI.TT.

Hi Claire! Welcome :) Feel free to add me as well. I'm Heather ABC (look for the cat and dog looking out the window in my picture) on the UP app.
  • Nkoiq0
    Nkoiq0 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hey! I'm Alex. I ordered the UP, should arrive tomorrow. I already started using the app, although it's not completely accurate since my tracker isn't here yet :(, to track my mood and sleep along with mfp, so feel free to add me on UP!
  • Heather_A
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Hi Alex! Welcome.
  • Lauri1976
    Lauri1976 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone, my name is Laura.

I just bought the UP2 and started using it 4 days ago. This is my first time tracking activity and I am very curious of how it will improve my lifestyle. So far I learned that I don't sleep enough and I am trying to make a conscious effort to get to bed earlier.
    I love this little bracelet and how it continues to get me to move.
  • hupsii
    hupsii Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Hi to all, I am Hupsii and I just got the UP bracelet too. I also learned that my sleep pattern is quite poor and that I wake up up to four times a night. No wonder I am tired :( also, it is hard to get my 10 k steps in as I am sitting behind a computer all day. How does it actually work ? Do you still log the activities into MFP ? or is this no longer necessary ?
  • Zed_cob
    Zed_cob Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I ordered the UP Move and should have it in a few days. This is my first tracker so I'm excited to see how well this will help. Anyone intrested in having an UP friend please send me a request. Chad Brott
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Hello, I just got the Up 24 a few days ago. I have been confused by the calorie adjustments it's showing. It seems to be different from what other brand band users encounter and very different from using my iPhone as my step tracker previously.
    I love everything about it, but I can't understand the method or idea behind what I'm seeing reported as burn in MFP.
    I don't know if I should post this as a question on its own?
  • Zed_cob
    Options
    Hello, I just got the Up 24 a few days ago. I have been confused by the calorie adjustments it's showing. It seems to be different from what other brand band users encounter and very different from using my iPhone as my step tracker previously.
    I love everything about it, but I can't understand the method or idea behind what I'm seeing reported as burn in MFP.
    I don't know if I should post this as a question on its own?

This is my first tracker so I do not speak from experience. That said, I've read from other experienced people, every manufacturer calculates differently and we should use their calculations as approximations because every person's body is different. So for me, I use the BMR calculation to determine my food intake towards weight loss and ignore calories burned from exercise. Rather, I see exercise for all it's other wonderful benefits. I hope this was not as worthless of a statement as it sounds.
  • lindy0116
    lindy0116 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi, just got my UP3 today and am very excited. I'm switching from using a fitbit the last few years. Please feel free to add me as a Jawbone teammate, I'd love to do some of the challenges but none of my friends have the Jawbone yet. I'm on the UP app as "Linda E." with a profile pic of an owl.

bjqzgwlc7ofw.jpg
  • buttonstamp
    buttonstamp Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I got an up2 this summer, and just added an up move that I can wear to roller practice rather than stuffing the bracelet under wrist guards. Trying to be more consistent in getting into shape. Add me on either app (although currently using the blue one) - Lauren Melenric.
  • mack427
    mack427 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hello! I have an Up Move,which I Love! The flexibility of where I can wear it makes it perfect for me. I would enjoy some new teammates. I appreciate a challenge as a way to stay motivated. My name is Michele Mack. Add me to your team and let's have some fun.
  • Sagax170
    Sagax170 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi guys! My name is Samantha, and I just started using a Jawbone Up (2nd Gen) yesterday. I'm looking to make friends and be able to do duels with people! If you want to add me, look up Samantha Thornton! :smiley:
  • els312
    els312 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have an UP but today the app doesn't seem to be working is anyone else having this issue??
  • Zed_cob
    Options
    els312 wrote: »
    I have an UP but today the app doesn't seem to be working is anyone else having this issue??

What do you mean by not working? What is it not doing?
  • DSnutz
    DSnutz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I just got my UP2 last week. I think it may not be tracking my steps correctly, and what it lists as calorie adjustments on MFP definitely seems WAY off. I've actually gained weight since I've started using it, due to eating out more with my parents in town, but according to the calorie estimates, I should still be losing weight. So I think I must have a setting wrong somewhere.
  • Zed_cob
    Options
    DSnutz wrote: »
    I just got my UP2 last week. I think it may not be tracking my steps correctly, and what it lists as calorie adjustments on MFP definitely seems WAY off. I've actually gained weight since I've started using it, due to eating out more with my parents in town, but according to the calorie estimates, I should still be losing weight. So I think I must have a setting wrong somewhere.

I understand that it takes up to 3 weeks for it learn you and start to become fully accurate. I believe you can also calibrate it as well.

• DSnutz
    DSnutz Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear that. I haven't figured out the best way to calibrate it yet, but I'm hoping it works well for me, as I know the pedometer I've had in my pocket for the past several years is on its last legs, and it only tracks so much.
  • megolmdsmaiden2
    megolmdsmaiden2 Posts: 11 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    I just got my jawbone up. Got to lose weight and need all the motivation i can get. Feel free to add me megolmdsmaiden@gmail.com
  • LexyH20
    LexyH20 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm Alex and I have been using my up since October 2013. I have recently upgraded to the Up2 from the original up and I am so pleased with it.
    I have just started to get more into fitness and I'm looking for new team members/people to duel. Ideally I would like to use it as motivation to lose weight before Xmas.
    My name is Alex Harding if people are willing to add me.
    Thanks
    Alex