Chat and accountability Sat 8 Nov - Fri 14 Nov

Options
TJ_Gauthier
TJ_Gauthier Posts: 317 Member
Well, I guess I'll start the thread this week!

We had a ton of fun on our cruise. Despite all of the walking, tours and stairs (14 elevators for 4000 guests plus staff doesn't work out very well), the food offset all of that. I ended up gaining about 4 or 5 pounds. The problem was that the food's timing was weird. Generally, the times I could eat happened to be after the salad and better-for-you stuff was closed, so it was more burgers, fries and pizza. I'll do much better now, though, so hopefully it won't stick around too long. I'd say the good times was worth it, though.

Hope everyone else had an awesome week!

Replies

• Hmrjmr1
    Hmrjmr1 Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a lot of fun TJ. We had another of our Therapist end up in the hospital this week, so we are down 4 of 7 Therapist and one of our assistants blew his knee last Friday and had knee replacement surgery yesterday. Not much time to check in, and will be working this Saturday. The Therapist in the hospital is mine from the Dementia Ward. She is like a daughter to me, she had Lap Band Surgery a couple years ago and she has done well in her weight loss but her metabolism is totally screwed up and she keeps fainting and can't hold food/water down. She is getting IV therapy in the Hospital and hopefully will get to the bottom of the underlying condition this time. Don't know when she will return. Until Then I'm responsible for the Rec Therapy on the ward and operating short handed going in to the holidays.
    The good news is my standing work station is operational. B)
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    BTW Happy Thursday Folks!
  • markd_cronenwett
    markd_cronenwett Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Rock on Hammer!!

Yes, I am still around. Been one heck of a stressful ride over the last 45 days that is for certain. I did stay on diet, mostly. I had one evening where I got a big pack of cookies from Costco, ate 3 of them with a glass of milk, and went all wonky with the sugar overload!! :D My version of a drinking binge LOL!! I am getting to a happier place, and I will be my old self, maybe improved, here in a bit. Just hang on tight as it is still a bumpy ride. Good friends make all the difference.

BTW.. 15 below zero this morning, and this last storm dropped about 8" of fresh powder snow up here in the frozen North. That one is for you Hammer!!

-Mark
  • Hmrjmr1
    Options
    Mark - Glad to read you're finding a happier place. Keep on Jammin' Lad!

Have a Funtastic Friday Folks! B)