Tried on Jeans Today!

Options
kayjosh2422
kayjosh2422 Posts: 864 Member
I have one pair of jeans that I bought 2 years ago, size 22 that would not even button, much less zip up in June when I started this journey. The other day I put them on and I can slide them on and off without unbuttoning them. WOOHOO. So I decided it was time for a new pair. I went and grabbed a pair of 18 and 20's, tried on the 18 first and I was swimming in them. Tried on a 16, still way too big and can now fit into a 14. I think I could go smaller if my lower tummy was no so flabby. Anyway, it was exciting and I wanted to share. I am shocked what eating healthy and exercise does for a person in a relatively short time.

Replies

• softblondechick
    softblondechick Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    Good job. I annoyed myself by looking at a pair of 14 jeans from my closet, put them back in, looking for the size 16. I will wear those size 14 on Christmas.
  • dbanks80
    dbanks80 Posts: 3,685 Member
    Options
    That is sooooooo awesome!!! Congratulations!!!
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! =D I just bought a pair of 18s a couple days ago, and I totally haven't worn 18s probably in a decade since around high school. It's crazy to think about!
  • deathbyokapi
    deathbyokapi Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hooray, way to go you! That's fantastic.
    I have a pair of size 10s that I can now actually zip up- and they don't even have any stretchyness to them, which both my other 10s do. They aren't quite comfortable yet, but I'm getting there! My goal is to be wearing them with ease by Christmas.
  • RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    That is awesome way to go!!!
  • 100andOnward
    100andOnward Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    That's great!! Congratulations and well done!
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    I am still in a 14 size jeans even though they are getting rather large on me. I am at 156 pounds and I don't know where some of the people on here buy their clothes (referring to MFP in general, not this group in particular). I see all the time things like "I now weigh 180 and wear a size 6" huh?? I can't yet fit into my size 12 jeans. I know vanity sizing is a reality, but seriously? Oh well- size is just a number right? And it's how you feel that is most important anyway!
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    I am still in a 14 size jeans even though they are getting rather large on me. I am at 156 pounds and I don't know where some of the people on here buy their clothes (referring to MFP in general, not this group in particular). I see all the time things like "I now weigh 180 and wear a size 6" huh?? I can't yet fit into my size 12 jeans. I know vanity sizing is a reality, but seriously? Oh well- size is just a number right? And it's how you feel that is most important anyway!

I have the same thoughts sometimes, I always thought I must just carry my weight really differently! If it makes you feel better, when I weighed 156 about 6 weeks ago, I was also a size 14. I am now hovering between a 12 and a 10, at 143.
  • Palamedes
    Palamedes Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    My 38 waist jeans are fitting pretty good at the moment and I could not have even got those on last August. Therefore, the lose 20 by Xmas deal has been pretty good for me.

My problem at the moment is that I don't think I've finished my weight loss journey. Therefore, I'm a bit reluctant to buy new clothing at this time. Sort of waiting until I've decided to stop losing weight and hopefully stabalize at some mark.
  • dramaqueen45
    dramaqueen45 Posts: 1,009 Member
    Options
    Yeah my plan short term is to buy some pants from Goodwill or the Mission store, because although my pants still fit, they are getting looser and looser and I have to wear a belt. Because I'm not at my goal yet, I don't want to buy a lot of new clothes.
  • blankiefinder
    blankiefinder Posts: 3,599 Member
    Options
    That's where I'm at too, but I have a Christmas function on Thursday, and nothing that fits! I need to find something, somewhere. I tried a consignment store but didn't find anything. I'm going to have to try some other stores Wednesday.