Hotel gym

Options
So I need some suggestions for the gym at my hotel. I want to do both workouts A and B while I'm here and the gym has:
A lovely collection of dumbbells
A smith machine
A lot of weight machines -- leg press, chest press, etc...
A bench
An oly bar and plates but no squat rack or rack to hold it over the bench

My squats should be 85 and 90 lbs and I don't think my grip strength is good enough to squat while holding 2 45 lb dumbbells.
My bench should be 65 lbs -- also not sure that I could get the dumbbells into position to start the set.
OHP and DL are no problem.

So should I do goblet squats? What weight should I try if I do? Leg press?

Thanks for any advice!

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    Your hotel gym has more equipment than most.

Here is an article I've used to modify my workouts when traveling. Don't expect the full 5x5 experience but it will help to keep you on a routine. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/the-road-warrior-program-5-ways-to-make-hotel-gyms-work.html

I usually end up doing modified exercises as somewhat of an HIIT workout. I've done jumping goblet squats, weighted lunges, chest fly, dumbell shoulder press, straight leg deads with dumbbells but if you have a bar, you can do regular deads, etc. Play around with the weights so it's right for you. I usually cut the weight and up the reps.
  • SkepticalOwl
    SkepticalOwl Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Cool. Thanks!
  • LazyFoodie
    LazyFoodie Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I just have to say, great job on keeping up with your workouts even when traveling! I have a trip (or two) planned for Dec and I am already dreading the hotel gym.