So glad I found this group!

emrez4985
emrez4985 Posts: 4 Member
It's a relief to find this group!!! I've been a myfitnesspal user on and off again, and have come into an "on again" time after a physical when my blood pressure was a bit high and my weight was 10 pounds more than I thought it was. This is a concern to me, in large part because heart disease runs in my family.

My partner is wonderful - he keeps me positive and supports my health eating, but I've been trying to identify some sort of othersupport community, but so much of what exists seems based on looks and not overall health and wellness. While I would like to fit in my clothes better, I'm actually finding myself feeling comfortable in my skin.

I'm so glad this group exists! Looking forward to talking with you all.

-Emily

Replies

• jessiekanga
    jessiekanga Posts: 564 Member
    Welcome Emily! So nice to have you! This is a pretty small and often quiet group, though I confess I truly value it, and love when there are new posts to read and respond to. I hope you enjoy it as well. My hope is that dealing with my weight and health mindfully, and focused on what's really important, will also make it stick. I like the idea of comfort in my own skin, feels wonderful to imagine. I do have more and more moments of it as I try to take care of this one body I get!

Welcome again!
  • lsmsrbls
    lsmsrbls Posts: 232 Member
    Welcome! I hope your next physical is full of happy surprises instead of disappointing ones.