Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Running Tights Recommendations

JTick
JTick Posts: 2,131 Member
I'm looking for some new running tights, and would like some brand recommendations.

Looking for:

-Full length
-Heavier material - it gets cold here.
-Must have drawstring
-Zippered pocket in back for keys

And thoughts?

Replies

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    I wear Asics Thermopolis. Not sure if they make that line anymore, but they're good. But they get pretty warm.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    I have a pair of Marker fleece lined ski tights that I wear when it's really cold. I bought them years ago, but they are so warm and comfy. I love them! More recently I purchased a pair of Nike running tights with a back zipper pocket (http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/pd/element-shield-running-tights/pid-414582/pgid-930874). I like them because they have an elastic band around the ankles and zippers, but even an XS is a little long for me (which is typical because I am only 5 ft tall).
  • JTick
    I wear Asics Thermopolis. Not sure if they make that line anymore, but they're good. But they get pretty warm.

I wore four layers for my race Saturday. :smirk: Getting too warm won't be a problem haha.

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll check these out.

• scott091501
    scott091501 Posts: 1,260 Member
    I've had luck with 2XU and Pearl Izumi tights over the years.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    North Face fit all of those criteria. Love them. But I have found it has a lot to do with body shape/size.
  • JTick
    I've had luck with 2XU and Pearl Izumi tights over the years.

I just found some Pearl Izumi on clearance and ordered a pair. I bought an XL...according to the size chart I'm a L, but I'd prefer they're not so tight, and they have a drawstring. Fingers crossed!
  • ATT949
    ATT949 Posts: 1,245 Member
    I don't know if this page will be helpful but I find it a fascinating site.
    http://fellrnr.com/wiki/Race_Ready_Shorts_and_Tights
  • tkillion810
    tkillion810 Posts: 591 Member
    I have been loving Athleta's tights.
  • DavidMartinez2
    DavidMartinez2 Posts: 840 Member
    UA makes some good tights for when it gets really cold.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    I have the UA Warm Wear tights and love them. The only problem is they don't have a drawstring waist and I have to keep pulling them as I have lost weight since I bought them.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    romyhorse wrote: »
    I have the UA Warm Wear tights and love them. The only problem is they don't have a drawstring waist and I have to keep pulling them as I have lost weight since I bought them.

I don't recommend the UA ones. I spend the first mile or so pulling them up.

I was at Target a few weeks ago. Champion has some new tights out that are reflective and they have a drawstring. I wish they were a little longer but if you buy regular inseam pants you should be fine on the length
  • dan323
    dan323 Posts: 271 Member
    I use CW-X. They work good. I have the winter thermal tights and the regular for when its not as cold.
  • SchweddyGirl
    SchweddyGirl Posts: 244 Member
    I am a CW-X junkie as well. They don't have a drawstring, but they are one of the one brands I have found doesn't need one, and I actually end up pulling the drawstrings out and tossing them. I wear them both for recovery (they offer some very good compression) and while running.
  • khakstol
    khakstol Posts: 15 Member
    edited December 2014
    I live in Southern Alberta Canada where we get strong winds and some real cold days this time of year. A good base layer and tights by Patagonia work very well for me. I also have some Sport Hill running tights that would do what you are asking for.
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    I like R-Gear by Road Runner Sports. Different weights/thicknesses with pocket options.

Also, LEDs available.
  • JTick
    I found a pair of Pearl Izunos on clearance, and they are awesome! I can actually get too warm in these guys which is awesome because I'm always chilled when I run. Very happy with these.