How's this for bad gym etiquette?

Options
2»

Replies

• Sumiblue
    Sumiblue Posts: 1,597 Member
    Options
    Don't you gals wish we could all be in the same (weight) room to gossip together? :-)
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    Sumiblue wrote: »
    Don't you gals wish we could all be in the same (weight) room to gossip together? :-)

Not really - I kind of mind my own business when I'm lifting. Not really up to gossip! lol. I'll definitely meet up with you guys for a snack afterwards, tho! ;P
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    I was just joking about gossiping in the weight room. That's a pet peeve of mine when people hang around the weights just chatting. But yes, I'd hang out with all of you after a workout, too! I'm really liking this community :-)
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    I was just joking about gossiping in the weight room. That's a pet peeve of mine when people hang around the weights just chatting. But yes, I'd hang out with all of you after a workout, too! I'm really liking this community :-)

yeah, we're pretty cool, aren't we :smiley: for those of us who do our lifting in public places . . . the gyms we go to don't know how lucky they are to have us.

mine has just one unisex washroom, and i would just be so freaking happy if everyone else in there would CLEAN UP AFTER THEMSELVES. it's their business if they don't feel like learning to aim, but ffs.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options

Can we shower together? Oh wait that's a different thing entirely. :p;)
  • allie_00p
    allie_00p Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Gotta love these stories, although I do think I discovered a new level of "curls in the squat rack" this morning... it's curls in the only deadlift platform in the whole gym. By a creepy dude who just happens to be working out next to me every other set no matter where I am in a mostly empty gym. Had to set up the bar and do deadlifts on the floor next to him while he was in the platform doing curls :anguished:

Also, I'm new to the group, hi :smile:
  • krokador
    krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    elsie_fair wrote: »
    Gotta love these stories, although I do think I discovered a new level of "curls in the squat rack" this morning... it's curls in the only deadlift platform in the whole gym. By a creepy dude who just happens to be working out next to me every other set no matter where I am in a mostly empty gym. Had to set up the bar and do deadlifts on the floor next to him while he was in the platform doing curls :anguished:

Also, I'm new to the group, hi :smile:

Hi!

You just reminded me of this dude who likes to do dumbbell exercises IN the squat rack. Like, not just curls but whole circuits. With dumbells... In the cage... ...

WHY?!

granted he does 2-3 pull-ups every 12 minutes or so, but he could be doing those on any OTHER pull-up bars in the gym :|
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    @ Elsie -- Yep, that's pretty darn lame. I'd say something next time, but without removing both my headphones so he didn't think I wanted to actually start a conversation. Creepers be creepy! :(
  • DawnEmbers
    DawnEmbers Posts: 2,451 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I haven't seen too much yet. I've been of the thought that certain lifts should be done in designated locations. However, the trainer I was with yesterday is more of the "grab a bar from wherever and find a spot" crowd. She will just grab any of the available bars from the benches and what not, take them to an open spot and do whatever she is planning. My "deadlift" was near the benches and by the cardio area and the bar came from a different spot that I don't have a name for yet but it's a metal platform with a spot that holds the bar.

Of course, the time I didn't need the leg press, no weights were on it. No matter which gym, as I go to 2 (one is my coworkers and she can have a guest with whenever she wants), there is usually a set of 45's on it. But when I don't need it, nothing. Figures.
  • randomtai
    randomtai Posts: 9,003 Member
    Options
    I would throw a protein fart in his direction.
  • Sumiblue
    Options
    LMAO!
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    randomtai wrote: »
    I would throw a protein fart in his direction.

never seem to have those when you need them.

• bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Rugby team? Did someone day rugby team? Yummo! >>>>Wiping off drool :p

This thread is hilarious! Thank you for sharing!!

When I started SL, I only used the Oly Bar for quite some time. One day, a lad did walk over to me and make a few suggestions...that maybe I should try adding weight to it, it will improve my form...that I should not be afraid of adding weight on it. I did thank him for the info. I did not think he was being malicious at all...granted his advice was not welcome, but I did not take it to heart.

Fast forward a fortnight later...I was getting off from the gym, and lo and behold, I saw the fellow on my way out..he was with his cronies. One tends to notice regulars at the gym, and it does give one a good feeling, plus the "acknowledgement" nod when you see a fellow regular:) He was kind to open and hold the door for me, while he and his pals streamed out...and then I heard their exclamation in the back, at seeing me climb on my Harley Sportster...though not a touring bike by any means, I think the fact that I can maneuver the 400+ lbs. beast does, at least, prove that I am capable of moving a bit of weight...lol!
  • TravelsWithHuckleberry
    Options
    Haha! Love this ^^^ -- you're a bada$$ BPJ. :)
  • bepeejaye
    bepeejaye Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    Crabada.... :D