Jawbone UP24 Daily Calories

I posted this on the normal boards and then realized it would probably be better here sorry.

Ok so forgive me if this is posted somewhere I did not see it. I have been using MFP to track calories and with a 1 pound a week adjustment it says 1,800 calories a day. I have been staying a couple hundred below that and so far have lost 16 pounds. Last weekend I bought a jawbone UP24 because I want to try to increase my daily steps (I have a desk job 10 hours a day plus driving). SO back to the question, I linked MFP and UP and since I am not really exercising right now I don't have any calorie adjustments from UP in MFP which is correct, however like I said MFP says I have 1,800 calories a day to lose a pound and UP says I only have 1,451 a day (and to be honest I am not sure if that is a number that includes any weight loss). So I am not sure why such a huge difference, I have MFP set to sedentary like I should so it shouldn't be an activity issue. Can anyone with experience with UP help me out?

Replies