Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Nov 23, 2014 - The Spandex is On

PatrickB_87
PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
Hi everyone!

It's been a cold and wet couple of days here, and between work and the weather I haven't been able to get out much these past few days which means my my Fitbit hasn't been kind to my calorie adjustment and that hasn't made my calorie goals any easier.

But it's Sunday, the weather is chilly but the sky is clear and the spandex is on. Time for a ride and then back home for more work.

What are you doing this sunday to keep moving?

Replies

• wennim
    wennim Posts: 276 Member
    It's warm (well 40 degrees) and rainy and all the snow is melting so I attempted a ride...didn't work out so well with sinking in the 6 inch deep mud so we had to abort that plan. Instead I came home and did an hour on the elliptical and treadmill with some of the Zombies!Run app. Looks like this is going to have to become my go to exercise for the next few months. The loss has definitely slowed down with the cool weather but I am still trying.
  • maoribadger
    maoribadger Posts: 1,837 Member
    I was working all weekend. Spent saturday attempting to prevent a sectioned patient escaping and sunday triaging about 20 million minor illnesses and injuries so my steps were only about 9000 and 11000 respectively. But pizza notwithstanding I lost 2lb this week to break through my 3 stone. Am having a more relaxed day cals wise today as its a rare day off with my husband and I have a craving for pie! But am back at the gym tonight to flip tyres and hit the punchbag to burn it all off
  • PatrickB_87
    PatrickB_87 Posts: 738 Member
    I had the same issue on my ride. Completely forgot about the rain the other day and while taking a dirt trail decided to ride along the side to avoid a big pool of water and went from 13mph to 0mph as i got stuck in the mud and thrown off the bike. But I eventually pulled myself and the bike out of the mud and kept going. Looks like I will have to stick to the paved trails this winter. Thankfully we have several hundred miles of those in the surrounding area so I am lucky in that regard.
  • julieworley376
    julieworley376 Posts: 444 Member
    WTG Pat!!!! I had been reading a book on tidying by Marie Kondo and started following her methods to declutter the house. First go clothes, then books, then makeup etc and then paperwork followed by items and then sentimental stuff. I donated SIX garbage bags of clothes to Salvation Army and generated a fair bit of garbage too. I have books waiting to be donated and haven't finished yet. All of that generated a lot of movement and some lifting.. I call that some productive movement.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    edited December 2014
    Julie, that's nifty. I really need to do this.

Patrick, Yikes! It's been decades since I was flipped off my bike...and it still haunts me!

Wennim, No fun, being stuck indoors. Hope you find something that thrills you.

Lise, Wow. Just wow. Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.