May I join you?

Options
peiotter
peiotter Posts: 35 Member
Hi all,
I just turned 60. I am retiring in May. One of my goals is to lose 50 pounds by this time next year. Really I could lose 60 just to make it "60 at 60." That has a nice ring to it! I did have a decent figure at 145 but that was a long time ago. I have been commuting for 20 years, 5 days a week , an hour each way. I am very grateful I had a job I liked and good kind people to work with. However I did get a bit sandwiched in the child and elder care issues. Now I want to change that up. anybody with me? Talk soon.
61. PEIsweetpea

Replies

• HildieMe
    HildieMe Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on planning ahead. I've seen too many friends putting on the pounds right after retirement. I put on 5 pounds the last year of work (allowed myself to sit down half the workday, instead of pacing the whole time); then another 5 in the glorious days of first year's retirement (July 2013). When it didn't come back down I looked at what I ate and realized I had allowed myself to indulge in some "healthy", "good for you" stuff: dark chocolate - and cheese. I you only eat 100 calories more than you use, you will put on a pound of fat every 35 days....