Weighing In At Appts...

Options
2BeHappy2
2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
I had my 1 week post-op appt and tomorrow I will have my 1 month.
Ive been debating on not eating before my appt. similar to peoples morning routine...use the bathroom then weigh themselves.
The problem is my appt is not till 12 but theyre always running late so it will probably be closer to 12:30/1PM (IDK why they schedule people around staff lunch, ridiculous!).
Ive debated on eating something late(r) tonight so Im not starving tomorrow but IDK how many hrs someone should have between the last food they ate and weighing in w/ the food no longer being in their system!
This wasn't an issue at my 1 week post-op because I was only on liquids so they went through me at a quicker speed than solids :confused:

Replies

• JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too very much the amount of weight you have lost at the dr's they take into consideration the clothing your wearing. I am up north and wear extras and snow boots weigh a lot. You should stick to your normal routine.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't change my routine for it. My appts. are at like 3-4pm and I never see no more than a minor change due to water intake. They expect that. Luckily I don't have to worry about snow boots lol, but they make me remove my shoes anyway. I wouldn't worry about it.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    They ended up re-scheduling me for the following day for even later...4:30 :anguished: So I ended up having a late(r) breakfast with a small snack so it wouldn't weigh me down but more so I could hold off till after weighing in!
  • katematt313
    katematt313 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    On a weigh in day, you could always wake up early and just drink protein shakes, then make sure you use the bathroom before you weigh. I would not skip food and drink just to weigh in at a lower weight. With my luck, I'd pass out at the surgeon's office!
  • JreedyJanelle
    JreedyJanelle Posts: 645 Member
    Options
    I eat as scheduled. I weigh what I weigh. trying to shave of a pound or 2 is just not worth it. As long as you show a weight loss you will be fine.
  • 2BeHappy2
    Options
    Yeah Kate!
    Could you imagine....like tipping cow day, they all start falling over...lol!
    That would be something to explain!
  • bikrchk
    bikrchk Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Eat what you eat. Weigh what you weigh. This is a marathon, not a sprint and a year from now the fraction of a pound difference because of what was in your belly will matter NOT. AT. ALL.