6 weeks in and in a stall

Options
imboswell
imboswell Posts: 104 Member
My surgery was on October 16 and I have lost 27 pounds but I am at a stall for about 8 days now. I am eating regular food (not much) but it seem like my body is now saying it doesn't want to lose anymore. I am very scared.

Replies

• loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Don't panic...I know, easier said than done. Having just had my surgery I can't relate yet, but from everything I have read online here, there are going to be stalls. Your body is continuously adjusting to its new "normal." Make sure you are documenting everything you eat. If you don't start dropping again, call up your NUT and review what you are eating and the physical activity you are doing.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    Stalls happen. I usually gain a little right before a big loss. Chill. As long as you follow your nutritional guidelines you will lose weight.
  • wilrhy
    wilrhy Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I can relate--I was in a panic when my stall went on for weeks. Then all of a sudden the scale moved! Your body is adjusting and you are losing inches too! Hang in there.
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yep, my scale has moved 1lb in 2 weeks, but inches are gone from all over and it seems that the fat is rushing to the gut which will be the last place I lose from. Of course I don't look bloated anymore, but it still has the same shape, just smaller. Aggravating, but unavoidable. Just keep moving forward. It will start back up soon enough. Make sure you're drinking your water and staying hydrated.
  • readallday
    readallday Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I think a lot of us stall right around 5 or 6 weeks. Hang in there. This isn't like every time you've tried to lose weight before. Your sleeve will work and hold you to it.
  • jrnguyen
    jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I stalled at 5 1/2 weeks for 10 days; even gained a few lbs. I panicked, but on day 11 it just fell off. I lost 16 lbs in 2 weeks afterward! Hang in there, it will start again.
  • rpyle111
    rpyle111 Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has been saying, patience is the key. Check that you are following your plan, but if you are, it will eventually come off. Weight loss is not a linear thing. I'm in a bit of a stall myself, but I know it is self-inflicted. I haven't been logging everything I eat and it has an impact. Trying to tighten up the ship and good things will follow.

Rob