Inquisition

Options
sofaking6
sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
Ahhhhh :)

Ok so I'm playing on a 360, and I have to say that unlike DA:O and II, this game is pretty buggy. Anyone else? I have a lot of lines of dialog that come out warped and unintelligible, characters walking in mid-air or standing half inside of walls, and total game freezes. Anyone else?

Replies

• StarGeezer
    Options
    I've heard there were issues with the previous gen consoles, but don't know specifics. I have also heard that BioWare is working on some across-the-board fixes for all platforms, but as is their custom, they will provide no ETA on when that will happen.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I suppose this is the benefit to waiting awhile before purchasing a new game :)
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    My friend has it on ps4. I've watched a little bit and haven't seen any issues. I've not heard her complain about any problems, either. But then again I'm really trying to avoid seeing or hearing about it because I'm still on the first game :(
  • sofaking6
    Options
    My friend has it on ps4. I've watched a little bit and haven't seen any issues. I've not heard her complain about any problems, either. But then again I'm really trying to avoid seeing or hearing about it because I'm still on the first game :(

Lucky, you'll be just in time for the post-Xmas markdowns :)

• NinstonBiller
    NinstonBiller Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I want to go to there. I won't get this game until Christmas :(
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I planned on getting it for the PC, cant decide between this and Alien:Isolation because I loved the old school Alien, Aliens movies with ripley and people are saying it is finally doing the movie justice. But then the other 138 out of 171 games on steam I own but never played will be ignored...life is rough
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    edited December 2014
    Options
    JeffInJax wrote: »
    I planned on getting it for the PC, cant decide between this and Alien:Isolation because I loved the old school Alien, Aliens movies with ripley and people are saying it is finally doing the movie justice. But then the other 138 out of 171 games on steam I own but never played will be ignored...life is rough
    don't feel bad about having 138 games you'll likely never play. I think I'm up to at least 5 times that number. :smile:

I am stuck in a bad sleep pattern the past few days and while up late earlier this week I bought Geometry Wars 3 on steam. Sadly none of my friends have any competitive spirit in score-based games like this so I'm the only one on my friends leaderboard. I guess not many other people got it either because I'm somehow sitting around 250th place for evolved mode and I am NOT great at the game.

But even without the friendly rivalries I've still managed to waste several hours the past few nights playing way more than I should. Anybody else have this on steam that maybe wants so more friends to compete against?
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    Options
    JeffInJax wrote: »
    don't feel bad about having 138 games you'll likely never play. I think I'm up to at least 5 times that number. :smile:

I am stuck in a bad sleep pattern the past few days and while up late earlier this week I bought Geometry Wars 3 on steam. Sadly none of my friends have any competitive spirit in score-based games like this so I'm the only one on my friends leaderboard. I guess not many other people got it either because I'm somehow sitting around 250th place for evolved mode and I am NOT great at the game.

But even without the friendly rivalries I've still managed to waste several hours the past few nights playing way more than I should. Anybody else have this on steam that maybe wants so more friends to compete against?

Stoopid! Wrong thread for my commental really! To rectify this I went and bought Inquisition! Now to just power through the first 2 so I can actually play it!
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm loving Inquisition!! I have it on PC. I haven't had much in the way of bugs. Very minor dialogue hiccups. Biggest issue is that the camera, especially tactical, does not work right with keyboard/mouse. I hear with a controller it's fine, but like the K/M for my PC games.

Patch 2 came out yesterday (on PC at least). Didn't seem to do anything for me, but might've fixed some things I haven't run into yet.
  • bostonwolf
    bostonwolf Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    Smooth as silk on Xbox One. Taking my time with it and really enjoying it.
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    I have run into a lot of the major cut scenes getting choppy. Or, blowing up with a Direct X error. I've got the latest drivers on my Nvidia card (GTX 670), so it's annoying. The game restarts at the cut scenes when it happens, but still annoying. Meeting Morrigan in the game for the first time was too jerky to enjoy. :\
  • twinkles2121
    twinkles2121 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Patch they released fixed a lot of the PC bugs I was seeing. Namely, constantly losing the mouse cursor, missing NPC's, un-finishable quests, etc. I'm still noticing a few graphical bugs, but they are so minor, they don't detract from the game at all :)
  • sofaking6
    edited December 2014
    Options
    How would I know if there was a patch for the 360? Would it automatically download? Thanks :)
  • Roughgalaxy
    Roughgalaxy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I'm playing on PC and I gotta say the knight Enchanter class is so wonderfully broken. As a mage my favorite party so far is Blackwall (tank), Iron Bull and Sera. Iron Bull and Sera's dialogue with each other is fantastic and hilarious.
  • sofaking6
    Options
    I'm playing on PC and I gotta say the knight Enchanter class is so wonderfully broken. As a mage my favorite party so far is Blackwall (tank), Iron Bull and Sera. Iron Bull and Sera's dialogue with each other is fantastic and hilarious.

I keep hearing that but my party almost never talks unless Varric's in it :(
  • brandiuntz
    Options
    The patches helped me some, but I still have the bugged Dorian personal quest (can't get it, sigh) and do have to restart the computer if I want to guarantee smooth cut scenes and War Table. I think it's a Nvidia driver issue for me. Really, minor except for not getting Dorian's quest...have gotten all the others.

That sucks about your party banter, sofaking. I've heard people having issues with it, but all my party banter has worked. I keep rotating companions because I know if you always use the same folks, they will run out of things to say to each other. And, yes, I love Sera and Iron Bull's talks.

I've also gotten amused taking Cole, Sera, and Solas together. Solas and Cole talk all spiritual and "weird" and it freaks Sera out. So funny.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    Mine is usually pretty consistent. I've fallen into Sera, Dorian and Cassandra/Bull because they all have pretty high gear. I'm going around now picking up shards so I can finish every door in that temple in the desert and get enough good stuff to get everyone top notch armor and weapons.

I don't use Cole often but I turned him into a well-armoured very sneaky assassin with two extremely good knifes. He can do some real damage.
  • clambert1273
    clambert1273 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    I just want to know if it is as good as Origins... the second one was HORRID and I don't believe I ever even finished it...
  • sofaking6
    Options
    bostonwolf wrote: »
    Mine is usually pretty consistent. I've fallen into Sera, Dorian and Cassandra/Bull because they all have pretty high gear. I'm going around now picking up shards so I can finish every door in that temple in the desert and get enough good stuff to get everyone top notch armor and weapons.

I don't use Cole often but I turned him into a well-armoured very sneaky assassin with two extremely good knifes. He can do some real damage.

Did you get the inquisition perk to show everything on the map? I'm thinking to get that but only for the shards...

I just want to know if it is as good as Origins... the second one was HORRID and I don't believe I ever even finished it...

I'm an outlier because I liked the second one (although I played it first) but I would say emphatically yes. The new gameplay stuff is very well thought out and a cool extra slant to the game, the characters and companions are fun and interesting, and there are hands down several of the best cut scenes I've witnessed.
  • bostonwolf
    Options
    No I didn't bother and just found all the skulls and did it that way.

Got all the shards, there are not enough to get you through all three doors, just two and the first one or two in the third. Oh well.