Season 5 - Episode 8 Mid Season Finale - "Coda" - 11/30/14

Options
2»

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I think he's not more than a day or a few days behind. I don't get what those marks on the trees mean. He seems to understand the signs.

I think Gareth said the Termites made those marks for like tracking or whatever?

• AnaNotBanana
    AnaNotBanana Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    I think he's not more than a day or a few days behind. I don't get what those marks on the trees mean. He seems to understand the signs.

I think Gareth said the Termites made those marks for like tracking or whatever?

I remember Gareth saying something about using them to be able to find their way back. I wonder how far they went. Obviously they lead the way to Terminus but where did they start??

• RBXChas
    RBXChas Posts: 2,708 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    I wonder what each sign means. One was an X in a circle. I know I've seen more than one that looked like an inverted L (or an uppercase gamma), though there may have been variations in which direction the upper part pointed.

I suspect that Morgan knows something went down at Terminus and is trying to figure out what happened and who was involved, though for all we know he may have even watched it all from a distance. First he finds Bob's grilled leg, which tells him that the cannibals from Terminus were probably there after the attack, and then he finds the thing that says "Rick Grimes" and is, of course, surprised. He probably suspects Rick and Co. were involved, but then I don't know if he's going to think they were the good guys or the bad guys. I'd hope the good guy based on his past interactions with Rick, but Morgan was kind of off his rocker when they last parted ways. He may be warm towards those he's met already (Rick, Carl, and Michonne) but not the others, maybe with the exception of Judith. I'm also curious if he saw/watched or interacted with Father Gabriel during his travels through the woods.

Also, why didn't Rick take Officer Lamson's bulletproof vest (before or) after killing him? If they were going to storm the castle, I mean the hospital, why wouldn't you want as much body armor as possible
  • dward59
    dward59 Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    RBXChas wrote: »
    Also, why didn't Rick take Officer Lamson's bulletproof vest (before or) after killing him? If they were going to storm the castle, I mean the hospital, why wouldn't you want as much body armor as possible

The way the episode went, he couldn't have used the vest and kept the "death by walker" facade as effectively. However, if they were going to go in on the offensive I do agree.

I am glad to see Morgan in the story again. I have to wonder about his changes this time. He has played each very effectively in the earlier two seasons. I enjoy the way his character has been written. Never having read the graphic novels, I have no idea if this follows that storyline, but I like what they are doing with it and the promise it shows.
  • ELMunque
    ELMunque Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I just watched it yesterday. So much will power to not go in to get a sneak peak. lol. I wasn't shocked that it was Beth, but I was shocked at how much my heart hurt when it happened, I liked Beth, she wasn't my favorite but I didn't find her annoying, not like lori. But Darryls face, Rick, and then Maggie. Heartbreaking. Almost as bad as when Hershel died.

So hopefully next season we will find what's up with Morgan and it looks like we will have a few new faces?