Telling people

Options
2»

Replies

• 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Janet...are you able to ask the other person from your office how she told the people at your work place?
    Maybe suggestions from her would be ideal...or things she wished she had or hadn't said!
  • dsjsmom23
    dsjsmom23 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I chose to NOT tell people. I'm down almost 100 pounds and nobody is suspicious because I've been "dieting" for over two years LOL
    Anyone who knew that I was having surgery was told that I was having my gallbladder removed, and a hiatial hernia repair.
    Which was partially true since I did have a hiatial hernia LOL
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    dsjsmom23 wrote: »
    I chose to NOT tell people.
    Anyone who knew that I was having surgery was told that I was having my gallbladder removed, and a hiatial hernia repair.
    Which was partially true since I did have a hiatial hernia LOL

So funny...this is the same with me, EXACTLY

• janet0513
    janet0513 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    That’s frustrating- its none of his business! I would have a hard time not saying something outrageous like I was having an absorbed twin removed or new vagina installed- and then proceeding with explicit detail.

This made me laugh. I wish I wasn't caught off guard

I told my boss that I was having brain surgery. :D

This would be a great answer. It would explain my forgetfulness :)

2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Janet...are you able to ask the other person from your office how she told the people at your work place?
    Maybe suggestions from her would be ideal...or things she wished she had or hadn't said!

Unfortunately, She did not do well with the surgery so no one really noticed and she reports to me. My boss asked me about her as well and I told him I wasn't sure what she was having done.

Thanks to all of you for your input. I lost almost 100 pounds about 2 or 3 years ago, so big weight loss wouldn't be unheard of for me. I may tell people after the surgery but I don't really want to hear the negative comments or have it influence me. I have thought this out thoroughly.

As far as my boss, I doubt HR would do anything considering he is VP and was acting president.