A long road ahead.... but look how far we have come

Options
LizRodmell
LizRodmell Posts: 70 Member
Hello all. my name is lizzy. i am currently doing my second round of insanity. 2 weeks left in fact :) since january 7th i have lost 42 lbs and still counting.

i lately have been feeling like i am getting nowhere. so i decided to post the following pic to show everyone that, although you may not be at goal yet! the journy you have taken is also importent. I still have 23lbs to loose... and i hope to do it within the year. but i need to keep reminding myself that although i have slowed in weight loss, i have come so far already.......and i should be proud of that. I also post this as i hear it a lot from people in my friends list. they bust their *kitten* and feel dishartened as it it all slowing down.

So firstly This is my results from round 1 of insanity

2s6pm3s.jpg

This was a huge change for me. suddenly i was fitter then ever and had heaps of enery. i just had to do a second round! while doing it i also took part in the Cancer research race for life in Gateshead. this is a 5k race over a steep hilly torrain.

2uf3xvt.jpg

Thats me on the right
Thanks to insanity i knocked a whopping 5 minuets off my time from the year before! 31.26 mins last year. this year 26:32 :)

So on to this round of insanity

i dont normally post front view pics, but i think i need to get over my security issues in order to move foward so here goes. each picture was taken per fit test going from left to right:

ih2v6x.jpg

not as big a change granted but my endurance is through the roof. i still have 2 weeks left of the program. so my final results are not in yet
i was having a hard time moving foward as i was seeing little change. this morning i decided to put my most resent pics next to my starting pics and this is what i saw:

90tuhk.jpg

not to bad for less then 6 months eh? After this round of Insanity i plan to do the great North 10k for alzimers uk charity. this is a 6.4 mile race. with the aim of sompleating in under 1 hour. then move on to Asylum ( the insanity follow on workout...harder and shorter program) then who knows, i will go where my fitness disires take me.

so what about you? how far have you come, what have you achived. i want everyone to look at what you have done already, take pride in it and use it to move foward feeling proud and happy rather then with dread and a feeling of hopelessness.

Replies

• tyal0523
    tyal0523 Posts: 70
    Options
    Awesome job!!!!!!!!! So I take it you would tell people all about how good Insanity and the results are???????
  • ZRx4
    ZRx4 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    On week 2 of inanity! You look amazing, grate job! I have yet to lose weight, so I can understand a bit how you feel.... But I'm gonna keep digging deeper, till I get my results! Amazing job :)
  • aimieaimie
    Options
    wow, what an inspiration! Well done gorgeous, keep up the hard work. You have definitely cheered me up :)
  • aimieaimie
    Options
    I am on week two as well and have lost nothing :( So I know how you feel, gotta keep going though xx