Frustrated! 7 weeks post op & only down 30 lbs.

Options
2»

Replies

• lbrown1428
    lbrown1428 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Your doing amazing then compared to me. I'm almost 3 month post op and have lost between 35-40 lbs.
  • SimplySusan63
    SimplySusan63 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    HOLD ON!! Did you say you lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks? That's amazing! That's wonderful. We are each a little different and the fact that you've lost 30 lbs is amazing! Your body is still adjusting to the severe changes you've made. You'll have big losses and small losses, and you are moving in the right direction. Focus on the new you, not the numbers on the scale. You're doing great!
  • itsdreday
    itsdreday Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    HOLD ON!! Did you say you lost 30 lbs in 7 weeks? That's amazing! That's wonderful. We are each a little different and the fact that you've lost 30 lbs is amazing! Your body is still adjusting to the severe changes you've made. You'll have big losses and small losses, and you are moving in the right direction. Focus on the new you, not the numbers on the scale. You're doing great!

Seriously this! Weeks 3-5 I lost 0 and it was really frustrating. It'll happen so long as you follow the plan. It's science
  • momsnewride
    momsnewride Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    pawoodhull wrote: »
    Momsnewride, I lost less than you to begin with and after my stall at 9 months out, a lot slower than most here. I don't want to discourage you, but I just simply lose slowly and I stall often. But I still lose, so as long as I still lose, it really doesn't matter how fast or slow. Really, anything off is good, you know?

Thank you and your right. I think it's finally starting to sink in that its just not as fast as a process I hoped it would be. It's okay. I'm losing slowly and losing is what matters.
  • momsnewride
    Options

This week I promised myself that I wouldn't weigh myself daily (I did this even pre op). I only broke my promise once which is better than I thought I would do. I was excited I'm a size down in tops and pants and that is the new me. Life has always been about the number, I'm winging myself off. Thank you for the encouragement!
  • momsnewride
    Options
    lbrown1428 wrote: »
    Your doing amazing then compared to me. I'm almost 3 month post op and have lost between 35-40 lbs.

I'm understanding that no 2 are alike. I figured since I started at 300 I would lose faster. Congratulations on your loss!