Earlier heat time

Options
DontStopB_Leakin
DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
All of us our registered for the afternoon heat, but a good deal of us fully plan on running earlier.

We're shooting for 10:30 am. There's far too many people running this damn thing for the race organizers to care if 20 some odd people switch heat times. Besides, the earlier we run, the earlier we can hit the bars and booze it up.

If you don't want to run earlier, that's fine. You don't have to. But for those that are interested in running earlier, how does 10:30 sound? Sound off below.

Replies

• MudRunLvr
    MudRunLvr Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I think it's a good time to shoot for. But it may make things harder for certain people. Mainly those driving to the race that day.

Me? I wanna get up, eat, blaze and get there as soon as possible. Sign in and registration can take a long time, especially at a sold out event. I'm worried the place is going to be a madhouse. And I'd love to run earlier in the day if possible.

I know Apollo was talking about meeting up with us at the hotel first and grabbing a bite. Do we think we could all meet at 10am and go from there?

*wonders what the continental breakfast situation is*
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to come down Friday night then. I'm all for running earlier.

The hotel has a conference room we can "rent" I never asked about breakfast.
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    10:30 would be good for me... the issue will be getting there and signed in. I would guess for 20 of us to register and be ready to run a heat will probably take close to an hour.

I am driving up from home but would like to meet you all up at the hotel and carpool to the event. I have a POS sedan that I can comfortably get 3 other people in.
  • MudRunLvr
    Options
    I think meeting at the hotel would be a lot easier than meeting at the race. That way we can get there as a group and take care of registration together.

Also did anyone download those waivers from the site? I'm willing to bet they'll have them there as well, but it does say you can register faster if you have them ready beforehand.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I think meeting at the hotel would be a lot easier than meeting at the race. That way we can get there as a group and take care of registration together.

Also did anyone download those waivers from the site? I'm willing to bet they'll have them there as well, but it does say you can register faster if you have them ready beforehand.
    Meeting at the hotel would be a much better plan. There's going to be hordes of people at the race, so the likelihood of everyone finding each other is slim to none.

No clue about the waiver...I don't have a printer though, so I spose I'll print it out at your place (TOMORROW OMFG SQUEE).

In regards to the hotel, they have a free continental breakfast every day. I fully plan on eating free hotel food before the race. But, I think it might be better to meet at the hotel at 9 am....it'll take a while for everyone to get there, so if we plan to meet up at 9, we can leave for the race by 10.
  • Krys_140
    Krys_140 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I like the idea of meeting up at the hotel. Time is less important to me, but earlier is definitely better. On the hotel's website, breakfast looks like a straight-up continental - lots and lots of carbs.
    http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/hotels/us/en/chester/hpnes/hoteldetail/dining

I'm sure you have all been combing the race website, but in case you haven't, here are some good links...

Here's the link to the waiver:
    http://www.spartanrace.com/pdf/TSSpartanReebokWaiver13.pdf

Here's a link to some athlete info from the organizers:
    http://www.spartanrace.com/pdf/TSNYSprintAthleteGuide13.pdf

If you click on "Racer Start Times and Bibs" on the below link, you can look yourself up, skip the step of doing so onsite and go straight to registration with your signed waiver and photo ID.
    http://www.spartanrace.com/tristate-obstacle-racing-spartan-sprint-2013.html#
  • Windy_
    Windy_ Posts: 1,012 Member
    Options
    I have about 10 copies of the waiver, yeah, I'm a dork like that.

I don't care about the earlier start time, I just want to make sure everyone can do it. I will tell Sara, El, and Des and see what they think.
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    I have about 10 copies of the waiver, yeah, I'm a dork like that.

I don't care about the earlier start time, I just want to make sure everyone can do it. I will tell Sara, El, and Des and see what they think.
    Yes!

Those of you who have phone numbers of some of the racers, please shoot them a text regarding an earlier start time. I know E and Des won't be online much, if at all, the next few days.
  • Desterknee
    Desterknee Posts: 1,056 Member
    Options
    Skitty says she's sticking to 3:30.

I probably will too. Doesn't mean I won't be at the race grounds early to see you early runners off, though!
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    I like 10:30 too,would be hard to stay out of beer until mid afternoon. :tongue:
  • MudRunLvr
    Options
    Skitty says she's sticking to 3:30.

I probably will too. Doesn't mean I won't be at the race grounds early to see you early runners off, though!

Aw nuts.
  • JoyousRen
    JoyousRen Posts: 3,823 Member
    Options
    I'm supporting meeting at the hotel at 9a, Maybe even 830. The hotel is 30 minutes from the race and, for warrior dash, there was a crazy line to get into parking.

Holiday inns always have scrambled eggs or cheese omelets, and a **** ton of carbs with their breaky.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Im going to run when that guy yelling motivational things lets people through. Unless Im somewhere else looking for a place to pee, then I'll run the next one.

I'm going to wake up Saturday morning, wherever I slept, and I'll be packed and ready.

When I arrive, I would like to see people I know.

When I get to the field depends on directions, traffic, parking times, herding cats, package pickup, etc. In order to run the 10:30 one, I think we would have to leave Brooklyn around 730 am. Which was the original plan and I dont think that Danny would be against switching back to it but we havent figured out the final logistics yet. But with no guarantee that we can all do this together if we run an earlier time, there's the chance that whoever cant get in will end up hanging around for a long time in the heat getting tired before they even race.

So hopefully, a solid plan will come together that includes a backup plan for those that can't sneak into hurricane heat :P

tumblr_mhvgokzPPZ1rwiv0vo1_500.gif
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Im going to run when that guy yelling motivational things lets people through. Unless Im somewhere else looking for a place to pee, then I'll run the next one.

I'm going to wake up Saturday morning, wherever I slept, and I'll be packed and ready.

When I arrive, I would like to see people I know.

When I get to the field depends on directions, traffic, parking times, herding cats, package pickup, etc. In order to run the 10:30 one, I think we would have to leave Brooklyn around 730 am. Which was the original plan and I dont think that Danny would be against switching back to it but we havent figured out the final logistics yet. But with no guarantee that we can all do this together if we run an earlier time, there's the chance that whoever cant get in will end up hanging around for a long time in the heat getting tired before they even race.

So hopefully, a solid plan will come together that includes a backup plan for those that can't sneak into hurricane heat :P
    There's honestly no guarantee that we can do this all together at the 3:30 time either...yes, we're on a team, but with all of us at varying fitness levels, we won't actually all be running together. Some will be ahead, some will be further behind.

Honestly, and I'm not saying this to be all "my way or the highway," if it's humid, I can NOT run in the afternoon. Between allergies and asthma, I won't be able to ****ing breathe. So I fully intend on running early in the am.

OH, and I've spoken with Danny. He's totally on board for an earlier start time.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Ok plan: every one that wants to do an earlier heat, meet in the lobby around 845a so we can leave about 9a so we'll have plenty of time to get there and situated by the 1030a heat.

Also, don't for get cash to chip in for parking and buy food/drink at the venue.

When we get there, someone can post a thread with a noticeable location for every one to meet regardless of heat. Having a set place for people to hang out at the venue makes it WAY easier to find each other.

Thoughts?
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    Options
    Ok plan: every one that wants to do an earlier heat, meet in the lobby around 845a so we can leave about 9a so we'll have plenty of time to get there and situated by the 1030a heat.

Also, don't for get cash to chip in for parking and buy food/drink at the venue.

When we get there, someone can post a thread with a noticeable location for every one to meet regardless of heat. Having a set place for people to hang out at the venue makes it WAY easier to find each other.

Thoughts?
    Sounds good to me.

Like I said, the likelihood of us being able to stick together during the race is slim to none anyways. It doesn't matter if we start or finish together.

The only requirement is that we celebrate our victory together, even if it's only briefly.
  • JoyousRen
    Options
    Like I said, the likelihood of us being able to stick together during the race is slim to none anyways. It doesn't matter if we start or finish together.

The only requirement is that we celebrate our victory together, even if it's only briefly.
    That's why I'm all about setting up a meet spot once we see the venue.
  • Desterknee
    Options
    Skitty, Windy, Sara, Mary, Eric, Jameson and I are sticking to the 3:30 heat, it would seem.

Elena (LMNOP) is driving up to watch the 3:30 heat as originally planned.
  • Desterknee
    Options

YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,323 Member
    Options
    me and my crew of 5 were planning on heading out from CT around 8-830, putting us there about 10ish. if we can get registered and everything before the 1030 heat, i'd def be down to go earlier. get it done then celebrate the insanity!