plans for next year

Options

Replies

• Leanz
    Leanz Posts: 2,025 Member
    Options
    I am going to run the London Marathon in April 2015. And maybe the Queenstown (NZ) Marathon in November. Prob a half before each :)
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    In 2014, I PR'd at 5K, 10K, and the half-marathon.

Last night I registered for the Maine Marathon on 10/4/2015.

Go me.
  • lishie_rebooted
    lishie_rebooted Posts: 2,973 Member
    Options
    TomZot wrote: »

Go me.

Are you up in Maine or travelling for it?
    If you live in Maine, we might run into each other lol
  • TomZot
    TomZot Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    603reader wrote: »
    TomZot wrote: »

Go me.

Are you up in Maine or travelling for it?
    If you live in Maine, we might run into each other lol

I'm in the 603. Lakes Region.
  • meredithco
    meredithco Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

I just joined this group and I'm already inspired by everyone. I had never really thought about having a yearly total for miles. Although when I was younger I was compulsive about goals like running 365 times in a year; that wasn't so smart. My goals for 2015 are:

* Stay injury free and healthy. (this trumps all the others)
    * Run 3 half marathons under 2:00.
    * Portland Marathon in October IF I'm healthy.
    * Lose 13 pounds and stay under 150 pounds the entire year. at 158 now :\
    * Log my food every day for the entire year.
    * Start cross-country skiing.

I'm quite curious about Matt Fitzgerald. For my last half marathon in October I trained using the FIRST method, which I think is the exact opposite. They don't believe in "junk" miles, which I think Fitzgerald would call desirable low intensity. Instead they do two speed workouts a week and one long moderate run. It did improve my time, but every workout was difficult. Now I'm just using SmartCoach and have some easy runs in the schedule which seems healthier.

I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Betsy
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    2014 was my first year running and I've put in 2 10Ks and 2 half-marathons.

Started an 18-week training schedule this week for a full marathon (my first) in April and likely will run another one in the fall. Hope to run some shorter races during the year and work on improving my PRs.

• KnickersInATwist
    KnickersInATwist Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    I'm aiming for 2015km as a total for the year after doing an average of around 80-90 miles a month for the last 6 months.

I'm also going to do a half marathon in March.

This time last year I could barely do a 5k without wanting to die! Bring on 2015!
  • kjloiselle
    kjloiselle Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Plans for 2015
    - BMO Vancouver Marathon May 3 - first marathon
    - 10km goddess run with a friend June 7 - hoping to PR over last years time, but promised to stick with her
    - 10km Navy run June 21 - hoping for a PR over last years time
    - another race sometime in the fall haven't decided which one
    - Chiang Mai marathon Dec 27th - may only do 1/2 marathon
    - Reaching 100lbs lost total would also be nice (at 80ish)

Can't believe it's been just over a year since I started running on a whim one day and have so far completed 2 5kms, 3 10km, a 1/2 marathon and am heading into a full marathon. Never thought that would happen. My lifetime goal when I started was to run 5km non stop, I now do that almost daily
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    2014 was a great year, looks like about 350 more miles this year than 2013. PR's in both the full & 1/2 marathons. For 2015 looking to increase my yearly total miles again. As of now I have 2 fulls and 3 - 1/2's planned. Hoping to crack the 4 hr mark @ the Manitoba Marathon in June and aiming for a sub 1:50 in the half. Staying injury free is the biggest goal as with out that the others will be tuff to get.
  • emblu
    emblu Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Wow you are all pretty awesome :smiley:
    So far I've signed up for the usual Bungay Half in Norfolk (UK), contemplating another one in North Lincs which gives out cake at the finish lol Sheffield Percy Pud 10k next December (they give you a xmas pud at the finish, I really do have food issues :smiley: )
    I usually work at festivals over the summer but this year I shall be getting in as many races as I can and generally have fun. The only thing likely to hamper me apart from injury is the availability of showers when camping :)
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    In 2014, I ran 1,800 miles, did my first 50k and attempted a 50 mile (missed a cut-off and had to take a DNF at mile 38).

My 2015 goals are to run 2,015 miles and do at least two 50k races so next time I tackle a 50M I will be better prepared. DNFs suck.
  • Curtruns
    Curtruns Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am signed up for a 50K in January and am looking at a 50 miler but I haven't committed yet. Ultimately I would like a 100 miler but I don't know if I will get that done in 2015.
  • cheshirecatastrophe
    cheshirecatastrophe Posts: 1,395 Member
    Options
    2015 - first trail race, first night race, (stretch goal) first half iron triathlon

Then finish the year uninjured for an early 2016 first ultra (50K)!

• valentine4
    valentine4 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Wow we are an ambitious lot on this board! some really inspiring plans and achievements best of luck to everyone in 2015, keep posting!
  • prdavies1949
    prdavies1949 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    2014 I PRd at 5k, 10, and half marathon. I completed a walking100k race which has qualified me for this year's 100miles. I moved over 1000 miles during the year. (Running and walking)
    2015 run sub 2hr half. Run my first ever marathon and walk 100 miles in under 48hrs.
  • sarahz5
    sarahz5 Posts: 1,363 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Love reading all the diverse goals everyone here has! I signed up for my first marathon on May 3 and I can't really think too hard about the rest of the year. I am vaguely assuming I will transition to triathlons after that, but it will take a lot to catch back up on my swimming and biking. I'd love to say I would continue cross training all winter but it's unlikely I can do that and get in the mileage I need for the marathon. I will do a half on the way to the full, and I will hope for a small PR.

This past year was so fantastic for me - PRs across the board, for the 5k I hit a new PR several times. I was pretty consistent in my training other than in July, which has been a challenge for me.

Would also like to drop 15-20 lbs. It's been, gulp, two years since I lost my initial 20 lbs, and I have not been taking it seriously. I know I can do it, and it would definitely boost my pace. Nice to know others are looking to get their heft down too.
  • SPautler
    SPautler Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    2014 was a great running year for me. I had PR's in my Marathon, Half, and 10K. Looking to push it a little farther in 2015 and stepping up to Ultra Marathon territory and maybe a Triathlon or two. Right now I'm working on getting my weight down a little and staying injury free for the year.
  • talulah73
    talulah73 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I only have 2 races planned in for next year so far and training has been minimal for the last 2 months due to an ankle injury and virus

May - 34 mile Sandstone Trail challenge
    July - LL50 - my main focus or "A" race. Scared - very !
    I have only done one Ultra and that was last September (35 miles) so will be interesting

Nov- means one thing and has done for the last 4 years - My fave race of the year - Hellrunner - Hell up North :)

And depending on fitness thinking about Coniston Marathon and anything else that take my fancy I guess
  • Huppdiwupp
    Huppdiwupp Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    My first priority is to stay healthy - and I won't achieve that by running as many miles as I would like, but by being sensible and doing a lot of cross training, including swimming and strength and conditioning exercises (which I don't like, but have accepted).

I've also got a place at the Berlin Marathon, so getting to the start line healthy in September would be great. If I do, and if my training goes well, I'm hoping for sub 3 hours, but if I am healthy and still miss that target, I probably won't complain. There is a slight chance that I'll also run in Manchester or Edinburgh this spring.

I'd also like to improve some PRs for shorter distances:

< 37 minutes (currently 38:05, will be really tough)
    < 1:25 (currently 1:25:10, should be easy, but I still have to do it!)

And finally, I competed in my first triathlon at the end of the season in 2014 - it was a great experience, but there are so many areas to improve at my next attempt. It would be a bonus to get under 5 hours for the half distance, but of course every race is different, so that's a bit hard to predict.
  • vcphil
    vcphil Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Huppdiwupp wrote: »
    My first priority is to stay healthy - and I won't achieve that by running as many miles as I would like, but by being sensible and doing a lot of cross training, including swimming and strength and conditioning exercises (which I don't like, but have accepted).

I've also got a place at the Berlin Marathon, so getting to the start line healthy in September would be great. If I do, and if my training goes well, I'm hoping for sub 3 hours, but if I am healthy and still miss that target, I probably won't complain. There is a slight chance that I'll also run in Manchester or Edinburgh this spring.

I'd also like to improve some PRs for shorter distances:

< 37 minutes (currently 38:05, will be really tough)
    < 1:25 (currently 1:25:10, should be easy, but I still have to do it!)

And finally, I competed in my first triathlon at the end of the season in 2014 - it was a great experience, but there are so many areas to improve at my next attempt. It would be a bonus to get under 5 hours for the half distance, but of course every race is different, so that's a bit hard to predict.

Holy fast :smiley: