Getting to Know You...

Options
ktpie76
ktpie76 Posts: 24 Member
Where is everyone from? Surgery date or still planning?
I am about an hour south of Chicago. My surgery was 9/19/2013.

Im Katie btw.

Replies

• EmeryRuin
    EmeryRuin Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    My name is Vanessa and I was sleeved on December 17th. I'm from NC.
  • amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Tri-cities Wa. Sleeved October 30th 2014. Started at 280, down to 224 in a little over 2 months. Everything is going great. No complaints! Best thing I have ever done for myself! Feel free to add me :)
  • bethannewagner
    bethannewagner Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Nashville, TN. Sleeved on 12/23/14
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Cathy from Mobile, AL. I just finished my last weigh-in today and I have my planning appointment for my surgery scheduled January 8.
  • ktpie76
    Options
    Such a pleasure to meet you all! It is a wonderful decision but tougher for me mentally then I expected it to be. We all have demons we face or we wouldnt even consider it right?
  • tarnyacuff
    tarnyacuff Posts: 4 Member
    edited January 2015
    Options
    Hi I'm tarnya from the UK. 14 months out and still loving my sleeve.
  • loobz12
    loobz12 Posts: 21
    Options
    ktpie76 wrote: »
    Where is everyone from? Surgery date or still planning?
    I am about an hour south of Chicago. My surgery was 9/19/2013.

Im Katie btw.

• loobz12
    loobz12 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi I'm Louise I'm from the UK I'm having my sleeve Jan 11 6days into my pre op diet of 2eggs 3small pieces of fruit and a piece of chicken or fish with green veg roll on the 11th sooo excited x
  • iobxgirl
    iobxgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still in the beginning. I'm under the 6 mo. program with insurance. I've taken a few classes so far. I expect to have surgery in May sometime. So, for those of you who have had the surgery...what would you recommend doing PRIOR to surgery? I'm on MFP and I'm watching my calories, protein etc. What did you do or wish you would have done (or known about) prior to surgery? Thank you for your insight!
  • iobxgirl
    iobxgirl Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Oh, I'm in Maryland.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm in Minnesota--land of frozen tundra. I had my sleeve on 11/19/14. Have not regretted a thing. Surgery went well and recovery even smoother.
  • wkmadden
    wkmadden Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I'm Kirsten and from NSW Australia. Surgery on 19th Jan. Currently on 2 week pre-op diet of optislim and vegetables
  • Theory13
    Theory13 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am from Michigan and my surgery is in two days! (Monday, 1-12-15). I have been on MFP for YEARS and have gone up and down even prior to being on here. I'm so excited that I am doing something that I know will aid me in finally getting to my goal and staying there. Great to see you all and hopefully we can stay in touch and keep each other motivated! Please add me! Thanks :)
  • tarnyacuff
    tarnyacuff Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi there I'm tarnya 44 from the UK 15 months out of my sleeve surgery and still very much loving it. I'm not a militant born again health nut I am sensible try the best I can yet still enjoy the rubbish in far smaller doses with excersise chucked in for balance x
  • WLloyd16
    WLloyd16 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hello. My name is Wendy. I was sleeved on 8/14/14. H.W. 275. S.W. 255 C.W. 192.4. I am a stay at home mom with three teenagers living in Michigan. I am 40 years old and have been over weight since I was a teenager myself. I have tried so many diets and diet pills that I have lost count. I am excited to finally have something that will work with me and help me succeed. Feel free to add me.
  • afmom
    afmom Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi, I am Michelle from Gulfport, MS. I was sleeved just eight days ago on Jan 5, 2015. I have struggled with my weight most all of my life and 5 years ago I had lap band and lost 110 pounds, but ended up with complications that caused the band to not work. Over the years I regained most of the weight and began to have more problems so the band needed to come out and my surgeon was able to convert it to a sleeve. I am excited to get a second chance and learning to a new healthier way of life!
  • amylhatch5
    amylhatch5 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! :)
  • ktpie76
    Options
    This is wonderful!
  • hkknh
    hkknh Posts: 2
    Options
    Maryland - surgery is on 1.26.15. I am really anxious.
  • ktpie76
    Options
    hkknh-You are gonna be great! What are you nervous about?