Anyone Remember Florine Marks (she did a VHS with Leslie)

Options
AnnofB
AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
I just found her on Twitter. She was and still is (I think) affiliated with Weight Watchers. She did a workout with Leslie a looooong time ago. I think it was a two mile walk made before the Walk Away the Pounds series. There's a picture of her and Leslie on Twitter and Florine is in this great read dress, looking fantastic. I'm thinking Florine might be 70ish. And of course there's Leslie, who never ages, btw, has anyone else noticed that? :) I wish I had taken better care of my health though out my life and maybe I would like a bit younger now. (Wish I could stand before the young people in America with weight issues and explain a bit about how being an unhealthy weight is not only affecting them today, but will have serious consequences later in life, more serious than how you look in the mirror!)

It just really has me thinking about how long I have been working out with Leslie. Her Basic Stepping with Walk Aerobics was my very first workout video. I think that was back in 1989 or the early 1990's. So glad I discovered her.

Just wanted to share this little snippet from the way back machine.

Replies

• zichab
    zichab Posts: 1,443 Member
    Options
    I remember her as a Weight Watchers pitch woman. She was a character! :smile: I did not start working out with Leslie until Jan 2013 so I never saw her with Leslie. But I am with you Ann on taking to younger people. Although I developed a weight problem later in life, one of the reasons why it got out of control in the first place is that I never developed a fitness habit and I do not mean just exercise, I mean a real fitness habit. If I had done that at a young age, I would be much stronger now and probably would not have gained "as much" weight as I did :noway:. I had no clue about that when I was younger.

27715887.png