Warned for challenging misogyny...

Options
logg1e
logg1e Posts: 1,208 Member
...and deleted. Yet the original misogynistic comment still stands! So in effect, I've been silenced yet the anti-woman discussion is allowed to stand. WTF MFP?

Replies

• logg1e
    Options
    And there's a whole discussion for men discussing whether they prefer real or artificial boobs. Talk about objectification.

These forums disgust me sometimes. I can't imagine homophobia or racism being tolerated, welcomed, at the same level.
  • Kalici
    Kalici Posts: 685 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    These forums drive me nuts. I only joined in February, but in that time I have seen someone who posted sexist, misogynistic and just plain questionable (e.g. jokes about rape and domestic violence) get promoted to moderator. With that knowledge I don't find it at all surprising that the offensive posts are allowed to stand. I would be floored to find out that any of those people got warned, deleted or banned.

I have seen plenty of homophobic and racist comments in the threads, but you're correct (at least from what I've seen) that they're called out and tolerated much less than the sexist ones.

P.S.
    Does anyone else find it hard to keep up with groups now? Mine seem to be buried and I cannot find an easy way of seeing if there is anything new short of literally clicking through every group every day.
  • logg1e
    Options
    Yet I'm sooo pleased that the *kitten* horrible "women who don't shave" thread is still going along nicely.