Small Successes!

Options
I thought it would be encouraging to start a chain where we can note our small successes of the day. For example passing up homemade brownies a co-worker brought in or walking home from work instead of taking public transportation. Anything that you do that makes you feel proud of your decision (no matter how small) - note them here!

Little successes/sacrifices will end up = BIG success :)

Replies

• BarbellApprentice
    BarbellApprentice Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    I like it!

Passed up food left in the kitchen yesterday leftover from one of our lunch vendors. Looked good and was 18 hours into my fast but determined to bounce back from my face-stuffing weekend. Ended my fast last night with a reasonably healthy meal and stayed away from sugar.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Nice job :)

Today I got a mango chicken salad from Qdoba. Ordered it without the shell but they accidentally gave it to me. When I got back to the office I dumped the salad onto the plate and threw out the shell (even though it looked so yummy and crunchy)! Salad was super yummy and ~400 cals.
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    Tossing that shell is a big success in my book!

Today's small victories...
    Had my hardest workout of the week and was gassed after set 4 of 21 but pushed myself all the way through. I think workouts like this can build more character than the days you feel great. I don't do much cardio but also ran a quick mile to burn a few more calories.
    Lunch of baked fish, plain greek yogurt with fresh berries.
  • Mommy2akt
    Mommy2akt Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Great idea! Great job everyone on all your "small" successes that will hopefuly end up in big changes!
    My small success is that It was rainy all day and really didn't feel like getting out walking, but decided that I should go for at least a short one. After I stated out I kept walking for 45 min.!
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    not exactly for me, but got the fiance to join MFP
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Moody - sounds like an intense, but awesome, workout!

Mommy - walking in the rain, I am impressed! I would have probably curled up on the couch ;)

PGG - hey, getting a significant other on board is going to probably end up being really helpful to you! That's great, my bf is the one who causes me to eat worse/more than I should....then somehow seems amazed that I can eat that much....haha

The other night our air broke (I am in Philly and it's been over 90 degrees the past week) so my roommate and I decided to get out of the apt to stay cool and get something to eat. We shared a hummus plate and my meal was chicken lettuce wraps. The place we went has amazing lobster mac n cheese and cheesesteak egg rolls, among other things, so I was proud of my healthy decision.

HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    Nice job, K! My stomach started growling just reading the items you passed on.

Donut Friday at my office. I ate none.

Happy Friday and here's too not falling into another weekend binge! :noway:
  • PGG19
    PGG19 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    awesome K! I love hummus!

mmm Donut Friday. We have Monday breakfast at the office full of bagels and donuts, and I always pick the fruit. Every now and then I grab half a bagel, lol.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Free office food is always the worst! I mean it's really nice but it is usually NOT healthy and so hard to resist when it is just sitting there staring at you :)

I was craving a good breakfast muffin for the past week, so last night I made a batch of healthified banana oat muffins (with some choco chips added)! It was the first time I had ventured to replacing oil with unsweetened applesauce and it turned out well! I think they are pretty tastey for a healthified muffin!
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    Small success from my weekend failure. I think all the calories and carbs from the weekend gave me a great energy supply at the gym. Despite being 18 hours into a 24 hour fast, I felt really good and stronger than usual over an hour long intense lifting session.
  • Mommy2akt
    Options
    At least you went to the gym! That's a plus!!
    Not a good weekend in terms of eating for me.... It was my son's birthday, so I made cupcakes for his party and more for school. Although I didn't eat any "baked" I ate more the my share of cake batter and full fat buttercream icing while decorating. Oh we'll.... Now time for me to get back on track. Only 2 weeks till I go on vacation!
    moody, aren't you going away soon as well?
  • Mommy2akt
    Options
    Great job K on making healthy muffins! I think it makes it easier to stick to diets when we find replacements! :smile:
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    moody, aren't you going away soon as well?

Yes. I violated the terms of my probation, so I will be going away soon...

I have a trip in mid July that is a combo of high school reunion, family reunion, and beach trip. So that date has been in my head to get to my goal weight.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Kat - I would not have been able to resist the batter and icing either! What a good Mom you are making cupcakes twice in one weekend :)

I had a somewhat small success last night, I am in between places (I hate being a nomad) and was staying at my parents last night and as always, my mom put enough food on my dinner plate for 2 people. Why my mother still force feeds me at the age of 28 I do not know, but it's not going to change now, haha. I took half of the portion and put it in tupperware for my dad to take to work for lunch when she wasn't looking. It was some delicious food too! I still went over cals though yest, not a great day.
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Tae bo class last night was REALLY hard. The instructor always classifies her classes as hard, harder or suicide. Last night she decided suicide...ugh. I usually don't make it through the full hour when she does that but last night I stuck it out. I thought I was going to puke or faint 30 mins into it but I just made myself fight through it and completed the full hour!
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    Great job, K!
  • K_Mcfadden321
    Options
    Bringing back the small successes....I went to the kitchen to cut up my apple and there is a giant box of hand made chocolate covered pretzels (one of my biggest weaknesses). I resisted and went with the apple!
  • BarbellApprentice
    Options
    Let's hear it for apples!!!