Back to work

jamezln
jamezln Posts: 182 Member
Well it's back to work tomorrow for me. At least for a few days, Friday, Sat, and Sun. It will be interesting to see how all this pans out over the next few months.......years. I work a 12 hour swing shift. This will be fun since my body (and life) is use to having a normal schedule since I have never ever had one. A normal schedule that is.

Replies

• boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    I started back to work today, 14 days post op. I have a desk job, and get to work from home some, including today. Since I used STD, it'll take half the day to get me reactivated into my work systems.

Good luck transitioning back!
  • jamezln
    boomerkae wrote: »
    I started back to work today, 14 days post op. I have a desk job, and get to work from home some, including today. Since I used STD, it'll take half the day to get me reactivated into my work systems.

Good luck transitioning back!

Thanks, I wish I could have went back to work at 14 days because in a sense, I have a desk job, but I also carry a weapon so that put the skids on my going back to work for the full on 6 weeks.

• pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    I go back Monday. Luckily I have a desk job and work from home full time. It'll probably take me a full day to get through my emails. I'm going to miss my naps.
  • boomerkae
    pcoppock wrote: »
    I go back Monday. Luckily I have a desk job and work from home full time. It'll probably take me a full day to get through my emails. I'm going to miss my naps.

I had 500+ emails waiting for me! I'm still wading through. I work from home 3/4 days out of 5, just depends on the week. I'm a contractor, and I had to bump it up from 2 days a month in office to 2 days a week for about 6 weeks preop. I told them I'll do one day a week in office this month, and hopefully, stick to that in 2015. I have a 2 hour one way commute!
  • jamezln
    boomerkae wrote: »
    pcoppock wrote: »

I had 500+ emails waiting for me! I'm still wading through. I work from home 3/4 days out of 5, just depends on the week. I'm a contractor, and I had to bump it up from 2 days a month in office to 2 days a week for about 6 weeks preop. I told them I'll do one day a week in office this month, and hopefully, stick to that in 2015. I have a 2 hour one way commute!

2 hour commute one way.....oh wow. Now that stinks.
  • pcoppock
    pcoppock Posts: 140 Member
    that does stink. I wont complain about my 45 minute drive for those 1-2 times a year I go in.
  • boomerkae
    Yeah, but I left the city and was able to keep my job and live in the boonies. Has it's advantages and disadvantages. Stunk when I was in 3 days a week. Exhausted from the drive, or I'd go Monday stay overnight with a relative that was local, back home Tuesday and do a roundtrip Thursdays. One day a week ain't so bad.
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    I had surgery 11/19 and go back to work tomorrow. I have a desk job so I think it will be fine physically. My plan is to make sure I have everything ready to go food-wise before I go to bed tonight so nothing goes to chance. Just another phase in my new normal, I guess. Best wishes to you going back to work.
  • jamezln
    I had surgery 11/19 and go back to work tomorrow. I have a desk job so I think it will be fine physically. My plan is to make sure I have everything ready to go food-wise before I go to bed tonight so nothing goes to chance. Just another phase in my new normal, I guess. Best wishes to you going back to work.

Thanks. Yep. I have everything already prepped and ready lol. Sort of anxious because there will be an obvious elephant in the room if you will.

• jamezln
    Well shockingly my return to work was pretty much a breeze. I was sort of in a self preservative state (since I work with 98% men and we are extremely rude to each other lol), but nothing negative was said at all. Sure questions were asked, and some "skinny" jokes made since my uniforms are now swallowing me, but overall no big deal. Gees I stress over the simplest of things when I should just take them as they come and stop trying to predict what everyone is going to say, think, or how they will act. The only thing that was aggravating is they ordered out yesterday and I wanted a hamburger steak so bad lol, but the anal retentive side of me tells me that if I can't weight it, I can't eat it. So I guess I need to buy another scale for work.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Sounds like your mindset is a good one!! And yes... things are often far worse in our heads than in reality!
  • boomerkae
    jamezln wrote: »
    Well shockingly my return to work was pretty much a breeze. quote]

Great to hear!