Automatic Syncing Problems

Options
2»

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sadly it's that script that prevents them from receiving more detailed info on what does and does not cause the problem, that could give their coders a fighting chance to fix it.

Unless they have it duplicated already and don't need those examples.
  • SwindonJogger
    SwindonJogger Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    anyone else still having syncing issues? Still can't get mine to sync with MFP, despite de-registering and re-registering multiple times.
  • Tallulah827
    Options
    Yes. I am not getting credit for exercise calories on MFP though it is reflecting steps I've taken today in a bar below my diary (which is new to me), but even that isn't accurate; and no exercise credit for those steps. I've been on hiatus for about a month. Did something change? Or just the usual maddening synch issues?
  • swim_mom2
    swim_mom2 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My fitbit doesn't sync until half way through the day (if at all). Any idea why it waits until the afternoon to register on MFP? I checked the time zones on both websites and they are correct.
  • heybales
    Options
    Yes. I am not getting credit for exercise calories on MFP though it is reflecting steps I've taken today in a bar below my diary (which is new to me), but even that isn't accurate; and no exercise credit for those steps. I've been on hiatus for about a month. Did something change? Or just the usual maddening synch issues?

MFP is doing it's own step thing on app now - so probably not even Fitbit steps.
    And it is just info, nothing related to diet/exercise tied to it from what it appears.
  • mmgavitt
    mmgavitt Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    swim_mom2 wrote: »
    My fitbit doesn't sync until half way through the day (if at all). Any idea why it waits until the afternoon to register on MFP? I checked the time zones on both websites and they are correct.

It could be that your fitbit is syncing but that fitbit isn't saying you are burning more than MFP. It wont show up in MFP until you are burning more than MFP estimates. If you are fairly sedentary in the morning it would be easy to not see a different until later in the day.
  • heybales
    edited December 2014
    Options
    swim_mom2 wrote: »

Device is syncing with what? Computer or smartphone app?

It should give timestamp of last sync - does it say it's syncing more often to even have updated data?

The Fitbit calorie burn ONLY registers on MFP as positive adjustment if it's more than MFP estimated you'd burn anyway.

Likely, up until noon, you haven't burned more than MFP figured you'd burn anyway.

Do you have negative calories on MFP enabled? That's one way to find out if it's syncing earlier, you'll get those negative adjustments. Device doesn't even have to sync in that case - because with no device sync, Fitbit figures you've burned BMR only, ie sleeping, and so the calorie burn is rather small.
  • camtosh
    camtosh Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    My fitbit One did not sync correctly today until I just logged off the iphone app and then logged back in. It is now 5pm. I have given up trying to rely on the sync!
  • CM9178
    CM9178 Posts: 1,265 Member
    edited December 2014
    Options
    the same thing has been happening to me all week. Looking back at my log, it looks like every day, around 5:30pm, it stops automatically synching, so any food that I enter after that isn't synched to Fitbit, and I get no calorie adjustments from Fitbit after that time. The last time it synched after 5:30pm was on Sunday 12/7.

It also seems like it isn't synching properly throughout the day, just now, I had to disconnect/reconnect the app 3 times, and log out 3 times before I finally got it to sync again. We'll see if it does the same thing again today.
    I use MFP and Fitbit on the PC so I haven't had any updates, I've done NOTHING differently on my side and I've been using my fitbit with MFP for months without an issue like this.

I noticed that MFP was down the other night for a little while, that may have something to do with it, but this is becoming extremely frustrating, because I have absolutely no idea how many calories I'm supposed to be eating, unless I go to Fitbit Dashboard, see how many calories I've burned and then do the calculation myself - which defeats the ENTIRE purpose of using MFP in the first place.

*NOTE* I have negative calorie adjustments enabled, so I always have a fitbit adjustment in my exercise log, no matter what. But you can view the time it last updated, and every day, all week, it has last updated around 5:30pm.

*Update* Looking again, the problem started for me on Tuesday 12/9, and it appears that it last updated on that day, and every day since, when I noticed there was an issue and disconnected/reconnected to fix it. I got it to sync at that time, and then it never synched again for the rest of the entire day/night. Clearly SOMETHING happened between Mon and Tues that caused this to begin happening. I can't keep disconnecting the app every time I want an update on my calories. That's ridiculous and unacceptable.

Can someone please fix this ASAP?
  • heybales
    Options
    This is merely a forum - no one seeing your message will be able to work on anything - you'll have to report that good analysis through proper support channels. Make sure you hit Fitbit side too.
    - Because they don't resend data if it appears there has been no changes.

If you go back to one of those days, and enter in bogus workout to increase the daily burn - does the new info show up on MFP for that day then?