Replies

• _Tzefira_
    _Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    T1DCarnivoreRunner Posts: 11,502 Member
    Options
    _Tzefira_ wrote: »

That link didn't work, but I gathered from some other posts on Fitbit's Help section that Android devices are not supported, and that many of them don't work or work sporadically. I don't have iOS; I have Android. I'm not sure why they don't support the most widely-used phone OS.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    Chls122 wrote: »
    I just received my surge and I'm now in the process of returning it. It was incapable of monitoring my heart rate during a spin class. After looking through the FitBit community support site and going through all their FAQs, I found out that's one of the known issues with it. So, if you're like me and you like cycling and you wish to monitor your heart rate, the Surge won't work.

I'm going to get a FitBit One instead, I like seeing how many steps I take and I wish to monitor my sleep quality as well.

What is the issue? The HRM never works? The HRM doesn't work above a certain pulse? Can you expand on that?

Hope we get a response, but I'm guessing anyway.

In the FAQ's it's said for more accuracy, especially at higher HR's, you need to move the band farther up the forearm.

So picture that and then traditional spinning bike hand placement and body motion - I'm sure it would be falling down all the time and be much looser and probably not even reading HR at the wrist then.

I spent an hour on the treadmill last night and experienced the issue with it sliding further down towards the more narrow part of my wrist. It took a bit of tightening, but I was able to make it stay in place after a few tries. I'll admit that it wasn't perfectly comfortable, but it could have been much worse. After about 20 min. or so, I didn't really even notice a difference.
  • _Tzefira_
    _Tzefira_ Posts: 65 Member
    Options

That link didn't work, but I gathered from some other posts on Fitbit's Help section that Android devices are not supported, and that many of them don't work or work sporadically. I don't have iOS; I have Android. I'm not sure why they don't support the most widely-used phone OS.

I have Android too and was disappointed to see that. Hopefully they'll fix that with an update in the near future.
  • T1DCarnivoreRunner
    Options

I have Android too and was disappointed to see that. Hopefully they'll fix that with an update in the near future.

To be honest, the difference for me is that I hope to be able to see info about the song. I do have bluetooth earbuds with controls on the earbuds. Depending on which one I'm wearing at the time, the controls are either around my neck or on my right ear. I can use that for pause, forward/backward, and volume. So it isn't the end of the world, I suppose, if the Surge doesn't control music.