Body Balance App

Options
krokador
krokador Posts: 1,794 Member
So I posted this on my feed but not all of you are friends so I figured I'd share this here too:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.doomonafireball.bodybalance

Only for android for now is my understanding.

It's pretty straightforward where you input your lifts and it tells you how much you should be lifting on other lifts for a general balance. It has a 1RM calculator and could just as well be used for 5 reps if that's what you want to go for - so say you input your 100lbs squats for 5 reps, the weights its giving you should be for 5 reps too.

According to it, my front squat is 20% stronger than the rest of my lifts. And it is VERY normal that I can't do an unassisted pull-up yet. BUT my squat is actually stronger than my deadlift so maybe that's why it hasn't been progressing so fast.

Here's a quick breakdown (in lbs but the app does kg too!):

Deadlift 250
Pull-up: 140
Back Squat: 178.5
Front Squat: 125
Bench: 139
Push Press: 100

Squat 192.5
Pull-up: 149.8
Deadlift: 269.5
Front Squat: 134.8
Bench: 149.8
Push Press: 107.8

Bench 140
Deadlift: 250.6
Pull-up: 140
Squat: 179.2
Front Squat: 126.0
Push Press: 100.8

Front Squat 150
Deadlift: 300
Pull-up: 166.5 (still not BW xD)
Squat: 213
Bench: 166.5
Push Press: 120

This is of course based off of anecdotal evidence and some research, and it doesn't even ask for a gender, but still gives you a good idea. It sure makes me feel a lil better now. Just kinda wish most of the dumbbell variants were actually barbell and it wouldn't call for a hang clean because I usually do floor cleans (when I'm not doing wall cleans... wait, this isn't my apartment we're talking about ;P). But maybe I could add that to my feedback and they would consider adding it in the future. Anyways, they typically ask for the weight of 2 dumbbells, so that could loosely be translated to a barbell.

Let me know what you guys think :) (And thank Alvs Mondares for making a video on the app, which is how I found out about it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGimNKrO_64)

Replies

• MissHolidayGolightly
    Options
    That's really cool. I don't have an android but would check it out if there were to be an iPhone version. I love numbers, calculations, and stats like that. It's cool to see how right or wrong it is.
  • Josie_lifting_cats
    Josie_lifting_cats Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    Based on deadlift, I'm pretty much right on for nearly everything, so that's somewhat reassuring. But if I base it on squats, I'm like 30% under on everything. :-(
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    I played with it last night after you linked it, but it doesn't have a setting for women which is kind of frowny face inducing. Also why no strict press brah?!