How's it going?

Options
Aurora1525
Aurora1525 Posts: 62 Member
I'm on my 7th (8th?) week of 5:2 - 9 pounds have melted away. I'm pretty darn happy with the results of this diet! I plateaued somewhere around the 4th-5th week, but then the scale numbers started dropping again.

5:2 really has some staying power for me. I went on vacation for a week and my husband and I decided not to fast since hey, we were on vacation! We went on a cruise and if you've been on a cruise, you know how stuffed you can get with all the food they give you (buffet breakfast and lunch, 3-4 course dinner every night, sometimes a midnight buffet...). I discovered my stomach shrunk and I took a lot less food from the buffet. But what's great is that unlike other diets, with 5:2 you can just jump back on. We actually couldn't wait until our first fast day after vacation. I couldn't believe how fast I lost the 2 lbs. I gained while on vacation! One fast day and it was gone. The next fast day, I had lost 2 more pounds! Amazing!

My husband initially had issues with fasting. He started getting major migraines and with a little research he found out that a) caffeine during a fast is really bad for you and b) he may be hypoglycemic. So now he's drinking 40 calorie mugs of miso soup during the day as needed. And he cut out drinking yerba mate tea on fast days. That's helped him immensely!

So, how's 5:2 going for you?

Replies

• josephinabonetto
    josephinabonetto Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Alright. I've lost 5 lb in 3 weeks and it is easy to stick to.

It is true that your stomach does shrink, I find. I don't get hungry on fast days, other than an occasional tummy rumble and I can fast at work without too much difficulty (my main concern). I like eating at TDEE 5 days a week.