Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Soft foods

For those who are on or have been through "soft" foods, would broiled salmon be considered soft? I have a class next week to discuss soft foods so I will find out, but I am planning ahead for Christmas and trying to figure out if there is something both myself & my significant other could have that we would both love. To me, fish seems like it is soft. Anyone else?

Replies

• garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    It seems like different surgeons and different programs have very different definitions of what falls into certain food categories. I think your best bet is to see what you find out in your class!
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    I agree with garber6th, I didn't get to have "soft foods" for 3 months following the surgery, I was on pureed only.
  • JEMP65
    JEMP65 Posts: 68 Member
    I have been on "real food" since day seven post-op. I had broiled tilapia, shrimp, and lobster tail with no problems. You might want to try some tuna fish for lunch one day and see how you react to the texture. I think you should be able to eat fish with no problem but each of us is different and we tolerate foods differently.
  • swetienancy04
    swetienancy04 Posts: 29 Member
    On my list of soft foods from my doctor salmon and tilapia are both on it.
  • boomerkae
    boomerkae Posts: 217 Member
    Fish is on my soft food list. Just make sure it stays good and moist!
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    I don't know about broiled but I know that steaming and baking in foil were suggested ways of cooking meat and fish. I found that artificial crab was one of the easiest and most agreeable forms of fish. I've also heard that frozen crab legs, baked in foil are also easy to digest. Hope this helps. :)