Great !!!

Options
thankyou for your introductions let me tell you you wont losse the weight all in one day im just telling you it will take time if we all work together . Now i would like you to tell me your eating habbits as our first step to weight loss . my eating has been horrible when i get bored i eat and eat and eat know i have been limiting myself to certain foods and that is what we need to do !! not only foods what we drink i hae a nasty habit of drinking sweet tea !! i am in the procces of changing to water !!!

Replies

• 13melis92
    13melis92 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have to say in the beginning it was hard ( I'm only a month in), but I did my research to find what foods would keep me full the longest and the best combinations of foods. Now I make sure I start my day off strong, as long as I do that I can keep going. It is at night time that the temptation hits for me, ice cream, sweets you name it, but like I mentioned my family is really supportive and their always around so I wouldn't even have a chance to seek anything! haha
    It's hard to stay consistent but I have for a month now except for Sundays where I can have a small treat and it is so worth it, I feel much better about myself and I'm proud at the self-control I've had. I hope we can all stay motivated!
  • Schminzy
    Schminzy Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    My eating habits aren't too bad. At work sometimes it can get hard because I have a desk job. My biggest weakness is pop. I have broke that habit and only have a pop or two per week now if that. I do not think it is neccessarily what I am eating but how much. It's so easy to over-eat when you have a fiance who likes to eat and eats a lot of everything but that is no excuse.

To break some of these habits I have made it a competition to myself to drink 100oz of water a day! If I am craving some flavor I will drink a Gatorade or unsweetened iced-tea. I usually do pretty good without snacking but I always have fruit or almonds or something on hand. I also do not ever bring the whole bag just like a serving of whatever snack. I still have room for improvement as some days I slack. It also seems like if I get off one day with diet or exercise then it takes me a few days to get back on track, instead of just getting back on track the next day.
  • Ariforever
    Ariforever Posts: 9
    Options
    I have a problem eating when i"m bored and sometimes it's emotional eating. Also i have trouble with having smaller portions and learning what the proper portion size is. Also I have been working on drinking more water. Since I started MFP it has gotten a lot better but i still have a long ways to go.
  • emilykins13
    emilykins13 Posts: 21
    Options
    no see what we are doing here we are limiting ourselves to certain things which is a big step like i have limited on what foods with butter to have or not and im getting mself to limit my sweet tea habbit !!
  • tmschaffer
    tmschaffer Posts: 5
    Options
    Hello All! First of all I want to say this is an amazing group! What a great way for encouragement and motivation. With that being said, let me introduce myself.

My name is Tiffany, I am a 32 year old married women with no children (well I do have 1 dog baby :-) from South Carolina. I have always struggled with my weight! I come from a long line of obesity and an even longer line of health problems. I however had been health problem free until my 30th birthday. I had a horrific year with medical conditions. None I could have controlled however once all was done and I was on a road to recovery it hit me! I had a friend pass over at a very early age and she was extremely health minded. I guess that's when I had this "ah ha" moment. I thought I may die tomorrow or 20 years from now, I may never be a size 0 but I will be damned if I will not try to be the healthiest I can be!

I stepped on the scale on August 1st, 2012 and weighed my highest ever at 312lbs. I made a goal for myself. I registered for the 2013 Avon Breast Cancer Walk in October located in Charlotte, NC. I made a vow to myself to loose 100lbs before the walk or at least be healthy enough to complete the 39.3 mile walk!

9 months later I am down 67 lbs! It has been a battle. I have finally hit a wall that I am trying my best to break through. But I am an emotional stress eater! Lately I've been under a little more stress lately so I've been on an up and down roller coaster. I have 33 more pounds to drop before October 25th! I know I can do it! This is the healthiest I have been in 10 years!

I hope that I may provide encouragement to others and I welcome any sent my way!
  • emilykins13
    emilykins13 Posts: 21
    Options
    thankyou so much for your story it is very encouraging to me and many others you set a goal and in which you wish to get to your doing exccelent !!
  • SandiW02
    SandiW02 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    My eating habits - well where should I start...I used to be in love with fast food but now it makes me sick literally (but I still eat it once in a while because I apparently like to punish myself). I binge now and again not because I am hungry but because the demon in my head tells me to stand by the garbage can and shove food in my mouth until I want to puke. Oh and if I am bored - well I am sure you have heard this before - I munch! Honestly I know how I got to 309 and it was not eating fruits and veggies! Now I have some control over the binges or am at least trying. I really enjoy working out because I timed going to the gym the same time Wendy Williams is on so I do my cardio and listen to her (then I jam to my music when or if I do weights that day). I love to ZUMBA and have met some wonderful non-judgmental friends there.

I am trying to break my habits and stay away from driving through 3 or 4 different fast food lanes for food. One day at a time ok for me it is sometimes 1 minute at a time. I fall, I get up, I fall again, I get up...interesting cycle right? NOT!! I am food addicted and that is it. I have lost the weight and gained ok same story right - this time I am not 'dieting' I am changing what I eat and after a long 50 days it is starting to pay off. Those yo-yo fad expensive diets really messed with my brain but I am taking myself back to the basics and moving on up or down as you can see on my scale from here.
  • tmschaffer
    Options
    Thank you for starting such a wonderful group!
  • tmschaffer
    Options
    Torrawilliams- You are so right! Once I finally started focusing on becoming healthy and instead of loosing weight! Your examples of binge eating, well I have so been there! I am a stress, emotional and yes when I am bored eater! I've got better at snacking on fruit or other healthier options, but gosh it's still so challenging! I also love zumba and have recently began enjoying Turbo Fire!

I loved your statement of one minute at a time! So true! Keep fighting your way to a healthier you! We all have to continue to raise our heads and keep going, even after we binge a day or two! :-)