Binge last night....

Options
2»

Replies

• Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    may I suggest Bulk Apothecary for scented lotions and body wash that you can pump into cheap plastic squirt bottles from Midwest Bottle supply. costs pennies and is a healthier giveaway.

Good idea for next time. Thx.

• Thaeda
    Options
    My dear - you spent hours preparing 260 cookies. How you managed not to crumble them up and dive into them, ala Scrooge McDuck, speaks to your amazing powers! I would not be able to resist!

You don't have to be perfect, or even reasonably good, every day, just most days.

That is funny! And encouraging--- ty so much. :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    Thank you so very much for sharing Thaeda. You owned it and shared it and that helped to clear your conscious. I could never attempt to bake that much and not get into it. You started out the next day with a good attitude and didn't let it ruin your day. Good for you. You kept moving forward without looking back. Way to go my friend. :smile:

TY. :)
  • Thaeda
    Options
    juliebccs wrote: »
    I feel every pang of your worry. I too am struggling with staying on track since I went os. But I have still lost slowly so I am not facing big consequences,,YET. I never promised myself to be perfect Christmas day or my daughters wedding early January because they are rare days. But it is all the other mad days in between that don't seem to stop lately. Like you, baking cookies or me buying treats for the kids stockings,,,add a bit of fudge for me. It is a time of year that brings out the worst in me. I too have to remind myself to get on top of things. I have been very poor in logging the last few weeks and I need it to keep me on track.

I hear you. Staying on track takes work!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Fri night we made 144 cookies...sorry, not "homemade" (Pillsbury 24 christmas cookies per batch).
    Actually, I wrapped gifts while my husband did the hard task of watching over them!
    They looked so small and the smell permeated the whole house, it was hard to give them "all" away.
    I ate 2 and couldn't believe my eyes when I logged them on here...THAT many cals for a tiny itty bitty cookie :anguished:
    Next time Ill check the cals on the package instead of eating 1st and then finding out later!
  • Thaeda
    Options
    2BeHappy2 wrote: »
    Fri night we made 144 cookies...sorry, not "homemade" (Pillsbury 24 christmas cookies per batch).
    Actually, I wrapped gifts while my husband did the hard task of watching over them!
    They looked so small and the smell permeated the whole house, it was hard to give them "all" away.
    I ate 2 and couldn't believe my eyes when I logged them on here...THAT many cals for a tiny itty bitty cookie :anguished:
    Next time Ill check the cals on the package instead of eating 1st and then finding out later!

You did well to only have 2. Imagine what you would have done before you started making decisions to put you first and to be in control of what you ate? Great job!
  • 2BeHappy2
    2BeHappy2 Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Thanks!
    Now I know it wasn't worth those cals for something that "small!"
    I could've had so much more of something else :neutral_face: .
    For example:
    A mini York patty is only 50 cals....goodness, I could've had several for the "2 itty bitty, not worth it cookies."
    I bet your cookies were better than these :smile:
    Thank goodness these were baked and then given away the next day, out of sight out of mind!
  • Living4me123
    Living4me123 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I am still in the "honeymoon" stage, on the pink cloud being 5 weeks post-op. Last week-end my daughter and I baked up a storm of holiday treats and It amazes me that I do not have the desire to eat or even taste any od it! I know this too will pass in the months to come, but I am enjoying it while it lasts. i am greatful to have had the surgery at this time of the year