Two zips in one household?

Options
htimpaired
htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
I have a Zip, my husband wants one for Xmas.

Others have two in one household? Any problems with syncing? We'd have both toggle plug in thingys (whatever the hell they're called) plugged into one computer and we only have two USB ports on the computer, so if we wanted to plug in a camera or MP3 we'd need to unplug one zip-not sure how to tell the different between the two, maybe a small dot of nail polish on one?

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Sure you only have 2 USB total, or 2 in front, and 4 more in the back? Might check, unless laptop and everything is out in open. Even there though, different sides of machine.

I don't think you'll even need both dongles though, when the device reports it's ID, that is seen by the Fitbit server as a specific account tied to an email address - your computer doesn't try to sort that aspect out, it just syncs with device and sends info to server.
  • stevew_68
    stevew_68 Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    We have 2 ONE's, we only use one dongle. Both ONE's connect to the correct accounts. Not had any problems.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    Each tracker needs its own Fitbit account, and each account will only recognize the tracker that's associated with that account.

FYI, it's way easier to sync via Bluetooth with a smartphone or tablet than via the dongle with a computer. But you can sync both trackers with one dongle in one USB port—just not at the same time, obviously.