Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Wake-up Call for Me!

I had a big wake up call last night. I went to my first holiday party. It was a potluck. Some of my friends brought some of their "known for" dishes, which are ones that I love. Though I wasn't hungry, I wanted to eat all of it. I'm still on pureed food, so I knew I couldn't, but OMG my head wanted it so bad. Pretty soon I started thinking about when I will be able to eat regular food and being able to sit and eat all of the food that was sitting there. And then I smacked myself (not literally, though) on the head. This is the type of thinking that led me to being overweight. Clearly, while the surgery is helping physically, my head needs so much more work. I still have to figure out why I see good food and think I have to keep eating until I have eaten all of it, rather than just being satisfied with a taste or a couple bites. This wake-up reminded me that I am definitely a work in progress, not a completed picture.

Replies

• klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Way to go! It sounds like you kept a level head and handled it well.
  • JeanneMarie11111
    JeanneMarie11111 Posts: 57 Member
    yay you did really well, omg pot lucks on pureed, I wouldn't have attempted it
  • relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    You did great at the function. "Head Hunger" is something we all will have to deal with for the rest of our lives. We have to keep reminding ourselves that the surgery is only a tool and that it doesn't "fix" the way we think about food or the relationship we have had with food all of our lives. For sure we are all a work in progress. Thanks for the post.