Friends for Accountability and Support

Options
I am looking to add some friends to my friends list who have similar goals and who have similar weight loss issues (i.e., being older, metabolism slowing down, going through hormonal changes). I am currently doing the 21 day fit program (I an not a coach soliciting for members). It is simply a cleaner eating program, with a different approach to keeping track of what I eat. You do not have to be doing this program. I believe in eating and fueling my body, focusing on cutting out processed foods, getting plenty of protein and good carbs. I believe in working out doing some kind of lifting program while incorporating cardio. I love to run/jog and have the Zombie Run app that I have been using and love! I use the 30 minute workouts in the 21 da fit plan when I cannot get to the gym and/or outside to run.

I need some friends who can provide some support/accountability and who I can do the same for.

I am a very active 50 year old, who loves to get outside, camp, hike, etc. I am married to a wonderful man who keeps our lifestyle very busy, which I love, but it does make it harder to focus on my goals of eating healthy and getting to the gym.

Any takers??

Replies

• AmbPickering
    AmbPickering Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Me me! I am a 41 yr old very busy mum of 7 and I really really need some support and motivation. I run my own home business and I care for one of my children who has a physical disability. I would love someone to hold me accountable and cheer me on and I would motivate and cheer on in return!
  • Fafern
    Fafern Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm 44 years old and have about 50-75 pounds to lose. I was thin in childhood and in my 20s, but the weight has steadily crept up through the 30s. When I hit my 40s, I gained 40 pounds in about 18 months. It's definitely been harder to lose the weight and get back in shape at this age, but I need to do it. I think adding more friends on MFP will help motivation and accountability.

Happy New Year to everyone!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    45, hysterectomy in 2014 that derailed my progress, but super motivated and ready for some serious friends!
  • Angelmom919
    Angelmom919 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    add me if you like!! I just started back and I need to lose all the weight I gained back and then some!!!
  • pinklady511
    pinklady511 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Any of you can add me! I'm 43 SAHM of 3kiddos ages 14, 11.5 and 4 yrs old. Hypothyroid/Hashimotos and had a complete hysterectomy at age 35yrs. The weight has just flourished and I have to take control!
  • ChangeIsADecision
    ChangeIsADecision Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I may not seem like a good example... Being that I have been M. I. A. :| For a bit but I was reevaluating my goals and motivation needs. I'm logging mostly on good one paper but I plan to get to using MFP for my calorie check ins. Feel free to add me as a friend. I'm 40 and looking to lose a good 15 lbs. :D
  • luvopera
    luvopera Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am doing the cheesy New Year's resolution thing. I'm not new here to MFP, but haven't been here for a while. Time to get back into the swing of healthy eating. I have a knee injury that prevents a lot of exercise but am managing to lose weight with only dietary changes so far. I have about 55 pounds to lose.

I'm 45 and have only a 7 year old left at home. I work full-time and am busy, busy, busy. But my weight loss has to be a priority--to help my knee problem and to be healthier.

My strategy so far is exercise that my knee can tolerate and healthy foods. I have been eating less processed foods and more raw or homemade foods. This is working for me.

It is nice to have friends who are actively supportive. It helps! Any of you can feel free to add me as a friend. I've already sent out a few friends request to some of you.
  • slralbert2015
    slralbert2015 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I'm a bit behind on the conversation - really had my healthy eating derailed over the holidays and I need to get back on it! Have been working on cleaner eating for all of the family and getting back into exercise. Finding it tough being a SAHM of 2 kids ( an active 5 year old and not so active 15 year old ) and not in a location where I can go out walking safely. Used to love doing that where we lived before. My long-term goal is 33 pounds. Will be thrilled with any weight loss right now. On the positive side, even with the crappy way I was eating, I didn't gain any more weight this month, so yay! Thanks for the support!
  • kippybee73
    Options
    I'm back after regaining the 25 lbs that I lost last winter. I need to eliminate those pounds, plus another 25. Turning 40 has done nothing good for the body I once loved. Ugh. I'd love to give and receive support. Hit me up if you'd like.
  • jchrisman717
    jchrisman717 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi - check out my other post about an accountability group - and let me know what you think!