Old hauntings

jamezln
jamezln Posts: 182 Member
I have been tobacco free for a long time. Several years now. I chewed tobacco. Now it seems that over the past couple weeks, the urge has been creeping back in. No triggers that I can figure out it just shows up. Has any former tobacco users had this happen? It's blowing my mind. Feels like I quit yesterday.

Replies

• shonrecio
    shonrecio Posts: 89 Member
    Not for tobacco, cause I wasn't a smoker or dipper, but some old eatng habits. I spend a lot of time on the computer, at work and home, at night when I'm reading or doing homework I get food cravings. I have to reprogram my mind to not snack while doing homework, reading or watching TV. This was my habit before surgery and a 16 months out my mind is trying to go back to doing this. I try to counter act the cravings with water or exercise. I must admit I have given in before and didn't realize it. It was like my mind was on auto pilot. Good luck with your cravings, I know you will best them. You are stronger than they are.

Shon
  • loriloftness
    loriloftness Posts: 476 Member
    I'm going to respond even though I have never been a tobacco user. Is it possible that your overcame your tobacco addictions by using food? And now, when you are getting your food addictions under control the tobacco urge is replacing it? In any case, I hope that you can find a way to battle the urge, or to find something else to do with yourself so you don't go back to it. Best wishes, Lori
  • jamezln
    jamezln Posts: 182 Member
    edited December 2014
    I'm going to respond even though I have never been a tobacco user. Is it possible that your overcame your tobacco addictions by using food? And now, when you are getting your food addictions under control the tobacco urge is replacing it? In any case, I hope that you can find a way to battle the urge, or to find something else to do with yourself so you don't go back to it. Best wishes, Lori

I considered that Lori, but I didn't gain any weight after I quit. I'm sorta leaning toward the fact that since I can't have the simple sugars now that maybe that may be doing it. You are right though. It has to be something about the change in eating.

Thanks,
    James

• relentless2121
    relentless2121 Posts: 431 Member
    I've heard it's very common that when we give up one addiction we can very easily gravitate to another. Addiction transfer.