just got fitbit one and trying to figure things out

Options
hi everyone, my first day and I did go for a Sunday walk but could I really have walked 10,000 in a couple of hours? it just sounds like a lot.. do you find it was possible I did walk that far? I also wondered do you find it easy keeping it sync'ed up with MFP? or do you use your fit bit separately to MFP? also, where do you tend to put it? I tried on my bra but can't figure a really good place to put it. :)

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Options
    Did you walk 10000 steps in couple hours?
    Do you take short but fast steps?
    Are they really from the walk?
    Did you look at your graph on Fitbit to confirm when the steps were? (if during the time on gravel road to the park, not accurate steps then, or during dinner prep).

You didn't mention distance, kind of a needed stat for gauging if you did something.
    Like if distance was 15 miles in 2 hrs - walking. No.

I log workouts that are non-step based on Fitbit.
    MFP is the food side of the equation.

Don't use separately - 2 roads to the same destination is fraught with aggravation.
    Especially if a man is driving.
  • michelleepotter
    michelleepotter Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    How long is your stride, and how far did you walk? My stride is 23 inches, so 10,000 steps = ~3.6 miles. I can walk 2 miles in 30-45 minutes, so I could easily do 10,000 steps in 2 hours.
  • editorgrrl
    editorgrrl Posts: 7,060 Member
    Options
    heybales wrote: »
    I log workouts that are non-step based on Fitbit. MFP is the food side of the equation.

Don't use separately - 2 roads to the same destination is fraught with aggravation. Especially if a man is driving.

^This.

Connect your accounts: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/fitbit