Steam Sale!

Options
Anyone else expecting to spend far too much on games that will never get played? So far I've been good and only bought Assassin's Creed 4 and a few indies, though I did spend about $50 on some VERY bad games for my yearly "rage gifts." Basically I find the shittiest games steam has and gift them to everyone on my friends list. Not sure if anybody else enjoys this joke but it amuses me to no end to see my activity feed fill in with stuff like "xxxxx now owns Barbie Dreamhouse Party."

I have my eye on some other games (Gal Civ 3, Stronghold Crusaders 2, and a few others) that I may get if they go on a daily deal again.

Replies

• contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I plan on picking up a few but only super cheapies. I've become a way bigger fan of co-op multiplayer lately and am looking for some new games that fit the mold.
  • JeffInJax
    JeffInJax Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Ive bought quite a bit on the steam sale, was looking at Endless Legend last night, ive heard great things about it.
  • brandiuntz
    brandiuntz Posts: 2,717 Member
    Options
    I'm so not going to open Steam until after the new year! Have to remind myself I have plenty of games I haven't started yet.
  • TheCrawlingChaos
    TheCrawlingChaos Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    brandiuntz wrote: »
    I'm so not going to open Steam until after the new year! Have to remind myself I have plenty of games I haven't started yet.

that's no reason to not buy more!

I just bought assetto corsa under the excuse that I need another game that gets me some use out of the oculus.
  • sarieth05
    sarieth05 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I did pick up Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, but usually I buy an alarming amount of $1-$5 dollar games during sales. I haven't gotten any yet, but I'm sure I will - though at this point, it seems like I have a ton of games they keep putting up in that price range anyway. I love your idea of rage gifts. :p Won't lie - would totally play crappy games.