NSV and HUGE goal

Options
jrnguyen
jrnguyen Posts: 92 Member
I can officially run a full mile, and each time I go out, I love it more and more! Considering 3 months ago I would get winded just walking to the end of my street, I am ecstatic! I have a 5k to run in April, which I believe will be a piece of cake, but I have a bigger goal in mind: a half marathon.
I have been running with a friend who has helped me find my pace, and tonight he threw out the idea of a marathon. While I don't think I'm quite that crazy yet, a half sounds really fun. And bonus: my husband told me that he wants to start running so he can do it with me! He has been struggling with his weight, too, and watching my progress and my love of running grow has motivated him. So, beginning in April (following the 5k), we will begin training for the half! Oh boy!

Replies

• bigtimebuck
    bigtimebuck Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    That's great!! :)
  • shoppinglady1972
    shoppinglady1972 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Sounds great! so much fun when you get into it...I'm doing my first half marathon in April and a 25k in May! Love having a goal to work for, keeps you at it!
  • garber6th
    garber6th Posts: 1,894 Member
    Options
    That is awesome!
  • pawoodhull
    pawoodhull Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    That's fantastic! You are really doing well!
  • klcovington
    klcovington Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Wow! That's awesome.
  • Thaeda
    Thaeda Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    That is WONDERFUL!!!! Congrats on such terrific progress! My suggestion is you run a half before tackling the full marathon. You will learn lots that will help you if you do decide to do all 26.2--- plus it will give you time to build up your mileage slowly-- so important if you want to avoid injury. Please keep us posted on your progress!!
  • homerismyhero
    homerismyhero Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! It's so important to have goals- it's easy to get burned out from the constant vigilance with diet/ nutrition/ fitness- and a solid goal really keeps you going. My first race was a 10K this September. I finished dead last- behind an 80 yo w/ a prosthetic leg – really- but I finished, in 80 min- without barfing or collapsing in the street- and it was a great moment.